002. NOTICED YOU

YOU ARE STRANGE, AND I KNOW THAT.

✦✧✦✧

✦✧✦✧

HEADING TOWARDS SEIRIN'S GYM.

In your hands were 10 copies of Seirin's Official Membership Form for the Basketball Club. It was a small stack so it was easily held by you. You can't help but notice how little the amount of copies the club needed, it tells you that they weren't so popular. But you weren't one to judge because it reminded you of the basketball club you formed in junior high.

You approached the gym quite confidently, immediately getting rid of the past in your mind. When you push the doors open, you see the club members having some small talk, appearing to have just finished a play with the sweat formed on their faces. It looks like a practice game with the first years versus the upperclassmen. You find the light blue and red-haired players familiar, but you didn't care that much.

"[l/n]-san! Over here!"

Aida signals you with a wave, and you walk towards her. You keep your eyes on the duo from before and see that the red one was trying to punch the other, but light blue dodged them all. They don't look like they're getting along.

As you reached Aida, you can't help but ask. 

"Are they... going to be alright..?"

She is silent, not expecting any injuries from them at all. You give her the papers, to which she accepts, and you turned to leave. But you felt a hand touch your shoulder, freezing you in place.

"Ne, [l/n]-san, why don't you watch the game for a bit?"

You panic slightly, not sure if it was a good idea, but then again you can't deny a Senpai because it would be disrespectful. You're also still a bit early for your job...

"O-Okay..."

- - -

They resume the game, and there was only 3 minutes left.

1st: 15 - 2nd: 31

The first-years wore yellow, and the second-years blue.

Yellow #6 is pressured by Blue #8, he dribbles the ball for a moment, quickly thinking of his next move so it doesn't get stolen so easily. He chest-passes it to Yellow #15, the one with light blue hair. But immediately he throws it over his shoulder, passing three Blue. The ball perfectly lands in the hands of Yellow #9, who looked surprised but quickly scores.

The Blue and Aida was confused at how the ball went through. You were genuinely amazed at how light-blue easily secured that pass with just one touch. Compared to your team in America, one-touch passes were just too risky, especially with average passing skills. You were invested, completely forgetting about your job.

And again.

Light-blue receives the ball again, and with one touch he made it seem as if it ricochets from an invisible wall. It lands with Yellow #6 and then Yellow #11, the red-haired, encourages him to shoot, and he makes a score.