006. A SPECTATOR

a/n: 

it's been a while since I updated... sorry for some style changes

but I came back burning with passion ! >u<

ONLY TO SUPPORT YOUR SCHOOL'S BASKETBALL TEAM. 

✦✧✦✧

✦✧✦✧

FLASHBACK. 

They sat on the classroom floor, cooling off after a bit of practice. They would still practice after Nationals... 

"Wrath? Why'd you call us here?" Gluttony. 

"Idiot. It's clearly a meeting..!" Pride. 

You wait patiently for them to quiet down. 

"Ugh. Can you guys read the mood?!" Greed. 

You sigh. "Alright... Everyone, please settle down." 

(  . . .  ) 

You took a deep breath. 

"I'm leaving America." Straight to the point. 

They all gasp, and surprisingly Sloth snaps out of her half-stupor. You were prepared for their reactions, but you can't stop your heart from hurting every time they spoke. Especially in their depressed tones. 

"You're leaving?! Why?!" Lust. 

"No... You're joking, right?" Envy. 

"I thought we all decided to go the same high school..?" Sloth. 

You struggle to find the right words. "I... I know this is sudden. But—" 

Greed cut me off. "It's about what happened last week, right?!" Frustration was in her tone. 

You wanted to say something, but you couldn't. She's right. 

Pride tried to help. "Greed, you can't blame her she's—" 

"She's what?!" Greed stood up. "The best out of all of us, the Captain, the Coach, the manager— She's everything. Yet she's the one leaving all of us first!" 

She went to glare close to your face. You stood your ground, but not to challenge her back. She was the kind to deal things this way, yelling and taunting. You knew her best. 

She clenched her fists. "You're supposed to be glad. You get all this attention and you're running away?!" 

I don't like the attention. Was what you wanted to say. 

( . . . ) 

"I hope you all understand my wishes. If you all want to continue pursuing this kind of career in high school, you're free to do so." You then left the classroom, leaving them to process it all in painful silence.