004. WE REPEL

THE PROBLEM IS, WE ARE THE SAME.

✦✧✦✧

✦✧✦✧

IN HOMEROOM.

The room was gloomy.

Everyone must've stayed up and didn't get enough sleep last night. Their drowsiness and unmotivated moods were contagious enough to affect you. Or maybe you were just depressed with it being Monday, the weekend had ended. Your homeroom teacher finally enters and lazily places his belongings on his desk, seeming to share the same opinion as us. He opens his grade book and clicks a red pen.

"Good morning Sensei..."

"Mornin' Sensei..."

He didn't scold us for our unenthusiastic tones.

"I will be taking attendance and then you'll be dismissed for the Morning Assembly."

You forgot about that. It happened every Monday, or the first morning of the week.

"Sayaka-san."

"Hai."

"Hayato-san."

"Hai!"

"[l/n]-san."

"Hai." You say.

"Kagami-san."

Silence. He was absent.

"Kuroko-san."

Silence again.

Absent..? I'm sure I saw him this morning...

The teacher sighs, noticing that two absents in a row wasn't natural.

"Did anyone here see them today?"

You raise your hand, being completely honest.

"Perfect. [l/n]-san, could you please find them and get them to the morning assembly? They're probably fooling around somewhere."

Your hand in the air falters. You regret.

Eh..?

- - -

THE SCHOOL'S HALLWAYS.

You grumble complaints under your breath as you ran through the halls, looking hard for a head of light blue. In your hand you had your flip phone to check the time. There was 7 minutes left. Luckily running wasn't a problem for you, but it would be all for naught if you can't find anyone. Your brown school shoes suffered as you skidded and made sharp turns.