005. FORMIDABLE ORBS

YOUR EYES HOLD THE SAME STRENGTH AS MINE. 

✦✧✦✧

✦✧✦✧

IN HOMEROOM. 

There was a small break right after homeroom for transitioning to their next class. You'd usually use this time to check if you've done all your homework, or finish them if you knocked out last night. But today you didn't feel like doing anything, so you just put your head down on top of your crossed arms. After that conversation with Kagami, you just couldn't sleep, leaving you lazy and craving a good nap.

Someone taps your shoulder so you turn your head, with half-lidded eyes.

"What..?"

"Good morning, [l/n]-san." It was Kuroko.

"Oh... Hello, Kuroko. Do you need... something?"

"Yes. I need you to join the basketball club."

You groan and turn the other way.

"Oh no... You have Aida-senpai Disease..."

"I believe you'll be a good manager," he continued.

"Didn't I tell you that I hated basketball?"

"Yes, but I know you are lying."

Your body jolts to sit up on your seat and then faces him.

"Why does everyone want to pry into my life..?" You grumble.

You took your bag and left the room before he could say another word.

He stared at you as you left, with his eyes gaining a glint of determination. You didn't deny the offer, and that meant something.

- - -

SEIRIN'S FRONT ENTRANCE.

The students were dismissed a few minutes ago.

As you unlocked your bike, you go through your messages with Lia. You noticed that still she hasn't sent you any messages, making you wonder if it really was work that's stopping her. You still send her 'goodnight' texts in hopes that she reads them, but even if she was, why doesn't she respond? After sending her a message, you got on your bike and headed for the school gates.

——————

      TO: LIA

hey, you haven't been responding to my texts.

is everything okay?

——————

If she doesn't respond before tomorrow ends, you were going to visit her immediately.