Round 1

Once upon a time

There was a war between humans and monsters.

After a long battle, the humans were victorious. They trapped the monsters on a spaceship known as the skeld, that they could only leave once they finished their tasks.

Every year, a human would fly out and impersonate the other monsters in the skeld, trying to sabotage them. And every year, the impostor was spotted.

But one day:

Frisk flew their spaceship out to space. They narrowly dodged the asteroids plaguing the skies. Suddenly something was shooting out from the skeld, towards them. Had they already been spotted? Was their mission already over? No, it was aiming for the asteroids. They knew that their spaceship's cloaking design would not fail them. Blending in with the stars in the distance and the emptiness of space, frisk flew above the ship and landed on top. They pressed the self destruct button on their spaceship, this was a do or die mission. There was no going back. They hopped out of their tiny spaceship onto the outside of the skeld. They had heard that the others were spotted because they had a hard time blending in. Frisk had a better idea, simply remain hidden, no one has to know that they were there. They went in through the hidden entrance that the other impostors had been using for years. They found themselves to be somewhere with several beds, a computer, and what looked like some sort of scanning device. It had little red cross symbols on the walls. They had studied this map, and recognized that this room must be medbay. They realized that the doors were closed. Perfect. They were just about to use the vent in the corner when suddenly the doors opened and in came a woman in a purple spacesuit.

"Oh my!" She cried, "Yet another human child has come to the skeld!"

Frisk hovered over the kill button, knowing that this woman would surely rat them out to the rest of the crew.

"Do not worry! I am Toriel, the caretaker of medbay. I pass through this place every day to see if any humans have come once again." She said.

Frisk then decided that this woman could be of use to them, for now.

"When you are in Medbay, monsters may come in here to scan. They may suspect that you are a human, so you must try to blend in. Practice talking to this dummy."

Before frisk could ask, "What dummy?", Toriel had pulled out a life-sized crewmate dummy.

Frisk then entered into a fight with them, against their will. Their options had appeared below them, Kill, Sabotage, Report, and Mercy. Frisk laughed at the fourth option, knowing that this "mercy" would have no use to them. Frisk clicked kill and punched the dummy.

"Ah, the dummies are not for fighting, they are for talking! We do not want to hurt anybody, do we?" Toriel said, becoming concerned.

"It is getting late, isn't it? Now, why don't you go to bed." Toriel said.

Frisk headed toward the vent, ignoring her.

"Ah, ah, ah! We have no use of that! I think you should play up here instead." Toriel guided Frisk away from the vent.

Frisk tried to head back to it, but then Toriel put them in bed. Frisk fell asleep, unaware of how tired they were until now.

∾∾∾∾∾

They woke up. Toriel was sleeping in one of the other beds, across from them. It was still the middle of the night, and Frisk thought it was the perfect opportunity to escape. They were about to sneak out of bed when there was suddenly a knife floating in front of their face. A green ghost with a yellow stripe was in front of them. Frisk recognized her, the first human to ever be an impostor. Chara. She held out a knife and a heart-shaped locket. She was transparent and floating above the ground, which could only mean she was a ghost.