that kiss

this one's swoon-worthy and we get to see our favorite boy :)

ELLA

I don't feel like myself, the only thing I can focus on at the moment is my art portfolio. After spending two weeks staring at the canvas blankly I finally found my inspiration. The paint colors swirl together distracting me from everything that's going on at the moment, art has always been my distraction. Especially when I can hear my brother and father playing football in the garden through my open window.

The championship game is coming up, this game is the most important game of Ethan's life, and as much as I would like to say Mason's but I know how much going to West Coast means to Ethan.

He's been training non-stop, way more than usual, football is his outlet, his coping mechanism. Definitely, not a healthy one in my opinion spending more time with my dad than necessary is just stupid.

Sighing, I leave my paints on the floor hearing my stomach grumble, I really want some chocolate. My feet carry me downstairs towards the large stainless steel fridge which unsurprisingly has an abundance of healthy foods. But luckily I have my stash of snacks hidden away in the basement. Quickly I grab my snacks not wanting to run into Ethan cause it'll be much harder to ignore him in person.

The past three days after the argument has been tough, I've not spoken to anyone apart from Miss B over email and Anastasia. It's not like I forgot that Naomi was my only friend but there's no going back now.

On my way back upstairs I spot a pile of letters sitting on a narrow table, nosily I look over knowing that Gerta must've collected them this morning. My heart stops when I read the address on the third letter in the pile:

William Kent Academy of Art

I've officially passed away! My heart feels like it's going a thousand miles an hour and I can't stomach opening the envelope. Inside it holds my future, if I haven't gotten in then I'm so screwed. I can never tell my family that, the mortification of failing at the one thing I felt good at would be too much for me.

Instinctively I call Mason, we haven't spoken for days but even then he's one of the only people I could think about telling this news to. He's the only person (apart from Miss B) who has truly supported my art and my journey.

He didn't pick up. I thought about leaving a voicemail but I didn't know what to say. Sure it wasn't the first time I'd called him since we fell out but I didn't want it to all be about me. My biggest regret was not kissing him on that rooftop.

I needed to see him, I needed to be selfish for once. Why should I keep on sacrificing my happiness for others who won't do the same? Plus it's not like I can do anything to make my family hate me even more.

With that thought firmly in my mind, I send a quick text to West. After the police incident, the two of us had become close, something about police officers pointing guns at you makes you bond. He responded quickly letting me know that Mason would be at a party tonight.

The old me would've felt anxious at the thought of going to a party by myself but I want to live a little. How embarrassing is it going to be when the only good high school memories I've got are of sitting in an art classroom with a teacher? Yeah, the new 'I-don't-give-a-fuck' personality I've been sporting is pushing me towards going to the party.

The only other high school party I'd ever been to was the Halloween one with Mason and look how that turned out. Clutching the envelope in my hand I rush upstairs to my room to find an outfit that seems more important than going to the party altogether.