just two teenagers in love

ELLA

Being with Mason makes me happy, he takes me to a whole different world where I have a place of importance, unlike my current situation at home. This may be the longest Ethan and I have ever gone without speaking to one another. We need therapy.

Mason makes me feel like I'm floating in the stars before gravity (reality) pulls me back. I just wish I could stay with him forever.

Am I falling too fast? Is it meant to feel like this or does it get any better? How could it get any better?  I wouldn't say I'm in love with him yet but I'm close.

Coming downstairs to an empty house has become a common occurrence for me recently, but today was different. I could hear Anastasia's laughter echoing up the stairs from the kitchen a clear indication that Naomi was downstairs. After taking a deep breath for the courage I make my way downstairs following Anastasia's laughter into the kitchen. The room falls silent once I walk inside, I have that way with people.

Silently, I grab a freshly cooked, warm flapjack leaning against the counter waiting for Mason's text saying that he's outside.

"Are you not taking your bike today?" Anastasia asks pulling the conversation to me which I do not appreciate one bit.

I shake my head but before I can respond my dad buts in "Your bike? Has Ethan not been driving you?"

I give my dad a look of disbelief because of course, Ethan wouldn't drive me to school. But from the way my dad said it, it's almost as if Ethan was instructed to do so by my dad.

"He can give you a ride to school today then." My dad says sternly, completely oblivious to the atmosphere in the room between Ethan, Naomi and I. This was like my worst nightmare.

"Maybe then you two can start talking again." He muttered under his breath, my dad has no idea how to handle sibling fallouts, neither does my mom really. It was Greyson who handled whenever Ethan and I argued.

Him leaving is probably why this family became so messed up.

"I don't need a ride to school." I tell them nervously "A friend is taking me."

"A friend?" Dad asks his eyes darting to Naomi "What friend?"

"Just a friend." I snap wanting a hole to open up underneath me to escape from this house.

Ethan glares "Mason Burns." He answers for me "That's her friend.

"Oh, it's a boy?" My dad frowns the name not even registering with him "And he's your friend?"

A calmness immediately washes over me as my phone lights up with a text from Mason saying that he's outside. Finally.

"Yep." I say shortly "Just like how Naomi and Ethan are friends. And that's him here so I've got to go."

"You should invite this friend over sometime Ella, I'm sure I'd love to meet him." My dad calls as I leave the room. I doubt that dad.

                       It has become Mason and I's new routine of him driving me and taking me home from school each day, I'll sit in Miss B's classroom painting until after his practice when he's ready to get me and then we'll hang out at his afterwards.

I guess we're dating now but he's not exactly confirmed it. And I am a feminist but I don't have the courage to ask him to be my boyfriend because even though we kiss sometimes what if he still rejects me?

I'll never mentally recover from that.

And in this relationship he's the confident one, the one who chats to everyone, is good in a crisis. I'm sure everyone else already assumes that we're in a relationship but still, it'd be nice to have some confirmation. Is it really a big deal though? It can't be as serious as someone asking you to marry them and if I google looking for an answer then all that'll come up is wikiHow articles which do not work in real life which I learned in sixth grade when I asked out Jason Heartmore (apologies for that Jason)