R17 - Elevator Encounter

Chapter 17

JENNIE

I leave the building around four o'clock because I am not feeling well. Pinilit pa ako nila Jisoo unnie and Nayeon na magpahinga muna. I keep on taunting them that I'm fine pero masama talaga ang pakiramdam until they called Dad and tell them about my condition kaya naman I have no choice but to go here in my unit.

Jisoo unnie drive me back home using my car and she take a cab after she sent me here. She also buys me some foods para daw hindi na ako magluto.

Ginawa naman na akong baldado. 

And I just awake right now from sleeping. I look at the ceiling and space out myself. Thinking deeply.

"Fuck, I overslept." I murmured to myself when I realized that it's already 9:30 in the evening.

Natulog kasi ako kaninang pagdating ko dito sa unit and I thought it's just a nap.

Then I sat in the bed while my back is leaning to the headboard. I reached for the remote of the TV in the bedside table to watch some news right now. I also reach for my phone cause I didn't check it.

I received text messages from my friends and Kai. I read all of them and give them a reply.

Nang wala na akong ganang manoood ay umalis ako sa kama para kumain. I also turn off the TV and switch on the lights in the living room up to the kitchen.

I just reheated the food that Jisoo unnie's bought for me and start digging it. Nang matapos akong kumain at makapaghugas ng pinagkainan ay dumiretsyo ako sa sala para umupo.

I am bored as hell. I want to do something.

I was about to switch on the TV when my phone rings in my pajamas pocket.

Agad ko naman itong kinuha and answer the call immediately when I saw Nayeon's name on my screen.

"Hello."

Hello Jen, I'm sorry if I called you this very late but I just want to tell you that I've sent you a report in your email. It's very important and needed tomorrow.

Bakas sa tono nito ang pag-aalinlangan sa sinabi nito sa akin.

"Okay. I'll check it. And don't say sorry. I'm fine now." Sagot ko naman sa kanya.

Really? It's good to here though.

"Yeah. I'll sent to you later the report."

Okay. Bye Jen

"Bye." I said and I hang up the call.

I think he heard about my demands. I have something to do right now.

Tumayo naman ako para pumasok sa office ko na nandito sa unit and open my laptop.

I also checked the email that Nayeon's sent to me and start typing the report that will be needed. When suddenly I starving a coffee.

Wala pa naman akong stock ng kape dito.

I think I have no choice but to buy some.

With that I stand up form sitting in my swivel chair and look at the time.

"10:15 PM. Hmm I wish the coffee shop is still open." I said to myself and walk back to my room and look for my wallet and a hoodie jacket.

When everything's fine agad akong lumabas ng unit at naglakad papuntang elevator. I am in my normal clothes and bare face right now wearing my pajamas and a hoodie.