9 | Hooked

Y/N

_

"HEY!" I yelled, cupping my hands over my mouth, "cast the rope, please!"

After a tiring five minutes of rowing myself back to the docked boat, I wanted nothing more than just to collapse on my bed and sleep (as well as one could sleep with having a guilty pirate conscious).

Listen, I'm being completely reasonable! If I could keep the pirates from knowing I was with Louis, he, the Lost Boys, and Millie would be safe. 

But I also had to keep Louis from knowing I was with Hook.

"Who goes there?" I heard a familiar squeaky voice call out from above me.

Smee's familiar red beanie peeked out from the top of the deck, and soon I saw him staring down at me in surprise. He probably didn't think I'd be back so quickly.

"Oh," he smiled, "it's you!"

Rocking back and forth on my wooden boat, I waved a paddle in greeting, "it's me."

"Did you call for a rope?"

"Yes, but anything that will get me back on deck is fine."

A few moments later, I saw the fraying strands of a tweed lasso come flying down towards me, swinging past my hand and hitting the side of the boat. Tucking my stones into my pocket, I grabbed the rope and began to ascend the side of the ship.

If I didn't have a six pack after this, I'd be disappointed.

Once I reached the top, I clasped the railing with my right hand, hoisting myself onto my feet. Smee was giving me a thumbs up, his glasses almost falling off of his nose.

"Welcome back aboard, [y/n]," he beamed, "you're just in time."

Bending down to catch my breath, I furrowed my brow, "just in time for what?"

"The Cap'n called to see you."

"What for?"

"Something to do with you, obviously," he said, pointing towards the Hook's quarters behind him, "I'd suggest you see him immediately."

Before I could question further, Smee went scurrying off towards the kitchen, holding onto his hand for good measure.

Clearing my throat, I adjusted the hem of my sash, and began to approach the quarters with caution. It was never good to receive a mysterious paging from someone you hated, especially not one with a metal fish hook for a hand.

Gulping, I placed my palms on the wooden door, and pushed it open slightly. Hook was sitting at his desk, his combat boots propped up on the wooden table. He was tossing the silver compass in his hand up and down repetitively.

"Hello?" I said nervously, knocking against the door, "you asked to see me?"

Once the man saw I was standing there, he motioned for me to come inside. He didn't seem like he wanted to kill me...at least not yet.

"How are you liking the crew?" he asked, setting down his navigation piece and turning to stare at me.

I bit my lip, "what do you mean?"

"Since you agreed to become one of us, how have you liked your crew mates?"

"To be completely honest, sir, I haven't met many of them."

"And why is that?" He hummed, brushing his brown curl out of his face, "have you been...busy elsewhere?"

OH gosh.