4 | You Can Fly!

Y/N

_

I EXPECTED LOUIS to pull out a fairy from his pocket, or start chanting some sort of spell, but instead he just smiled.

That devious smile that made it obvious his hair was full of secrets. I desperately hoped that they weren't the detrimental ones.

"Don't we need pixie dust to fly?" I questioned, staring at the boy inquisitively,"or faith and trust?"

I didn't expect him to find that so hilarious. Bending over and clutching his stomach, he giggled so hard I thought he'd pop.

"Oh, no, that's so outdated," he said, laughing, "we don't need that anymore."

"Outdated?"

"Pixie dust also makes me sneeze."

I smiled, cocking a brow, "does it?"

The next time I got my hands on some pixie dust, I'd be sure to stuff some up his nose for laughing at me. How was I supposed to know the progressive society of Neverland?

Not to mention, I had enough people laughing at me at school, so it just pressed all my buttons.

"You didn't hear that from me," Louis said, grabbing my hand, "now close your eyes and think of something happy."

There were only three things that came to mind when someone said the word 'happy'.

Happy Birthday.

Happy Hogan.

And the future.

Doing as he said, I closed my eyes so all I could see was the pitch black cavern of darkness in front of me. I didn't have much to be happy for at the moment, so I was looking forward to whatever would come next.

Or whatever this Neverland had in store.

I heard Louis' voice again, but this time he sounded less demanding, "now believe."

I opened one of my eyes in confusion, "believe what?"

"That you can fly."

Closing my eyes tighter, I tried to think of what flying felt like.

How freeing, how wonderful, and how beautifully impossible it would be. I tried so hard to think of flying, that I almost forgot I was still holding Louis' hand. I wasn't sure if that was why I felt like I had butterflies traveling all around my body, but I certainly hoped it wasn't.

He was still a stranger.

And then I realized I was floating 4 inches off the ground. No wires, no strings, no invisible box. It was like I was light as a feather, letting the air caress me with it's density.

So the tingling sensation wasn't because I was holding his hand, it was because I was flying.

"Thank gosh," I said, dumbfounded, "I'm doing it!"

Louis grinned, his green cap almost falling off his head, "what did you think of?"

"Why do you want to know?"

He sent me another one of his devious smiles, winking playfully, "was it me?"

"No," I said bluntly, "absolutely not."

"Why do you keep saying that?"

"Because as fictional as this whole thing is," I sighed, patting him on the head, "you're still an unfamiliar boy who's about to fly me over to an unfamiliar island, where unfamiliar people live."