Chapter 3

~~~~~

Under the tutelage of Seulgi, you began to understand what it means to be a professional in your field. 'It's not about just taking a pretty picture. It's about knowing which one draws the most attention" is what Seulgi says, looking through your portfolio and taking some of them out, ones you thought showed off your skills. You find yourself enjoying the time you spend with Seulgi with her affable personality and expressive eyes, thinking of her as more of a friend than a mentor. The way she looks at you with open admiration and affection wasn't something you were used to, as Irene very rarely looked at you like that, and you soaked up the attention that you were missing from your own relationship with Irene.

"Seulgi tells me that you've been a model student so far."

Looking up from your tablet, you saw Irene staring at you with an unreadable look on her face, the top buttons of her shirt unbuttoned to reveal her collarbone. You hummed, "I'm grateful to be able to learn from her as well," a mile graces your lips as you thought about the last time you met with her, "she said that if I wanted, I was more than welcome to stop by her studio. She has a few pieces that she's been working on" In your own excitement to see some never-before-seen pieces by Seulgi, you missed the flicker of anger that flashed in Irene's eyes as you talked about your afternoon with Seulgi.

"Sounds like you and Seulgi are getting along," Irene cut you off with a wave of her hand, "that's good to hear."

"I guess?"

Irene made a small noise before going back to her emails, confusing you further with her response. Somehow, you felt like you were being scolded for doing something wrong yet you were sure that you hadn't done anything that would warrant such a reaction from her. Putting the stylus down, you opened your mouth to ask Irene what was wrong when you heard the door open and Seulgi popped her head in, grinning at the two of you, "Hey Y/N, you ready to go?" Glancing at the clock, you realized just how late it was and rushed to pack your things as Seulgi made small talk with Irene. Seulgi had thought that today would be a good day to take you to the beach for an informal painting session and you happily agreed, partially for the chance to add something new to your portfolio and partially to just have an excuse to hang out with a fellow artist.

"And where are the two of you going?" Irene walked around her desk to your side, her hand resting on the small of your back in what seemed to be a possessive move. You could see Seulgi's grin turn into a confused frown as Irene smiled at her but answered her, "the beach. We're going to do some landscape paintings there. It'll be like a date!" You flinched at the feeling of Irene's nails digging into your skin at the mention of the word 'date' but her smile never left her face.

"I see."

Waving goodbye to Irene, neither of you saw the smile on Irene's face turn into an ugly scowl as the door slammed shut.