an 80's delight

October.

The bad feeling hasn't disappeared.

In fact, the bitterness in my gut has only grown stronger as the days go by.

Bitterness not being the only thing growing, my anxiety of what is to come is astronomical. Unfortunately, I've been kept busy by Jo doing mundane activities that do very little to calm my nerves. Everytime I went to look through my Aunt's grimoire, Jo would drag me along to this music cafe and bar called The River or bring me shopping for outfits for her dates with Mitch.

As much as I wish I had the time to focus on finding out what is causing me to be in such great distress, I will admit that Jo forcing me to go sing karaoke at some random quaint restaurant in the heart of New Orleans is quite the time. Jo and I sing a jaw-dropping rendition of 80's Rock throwbacks, if I do say so myself. I will give it to the girl for making me try new things outside of my comfort zone. She knows how reserved I usually am and karaoke at a bar is probably the last thing I'd ever do (mostly because I don't like to draw attention to myself in the public), but Jo makes everything worth the embarrassment.

She means the world to me. I may not know exactly what is coming, but I know with everything in me that I will keep her safe.

We sang a couple Fleetwood Mac songs (obviously), a few Joni Mitchell, and finished with some Van Halen.

Truly, an 80's delight.

Another reason to add to the list of why I couldn't dig through my Aunt's grimoire as of late was that the angelic humming has struck a change for once. The usually careless and effortless hums have added lyrics today. Whatever this voice is in my head is more addicting than any drug. The way the masculine tone sings every word with such emotion is stimulating. I can almost picture how each lyric is shaped with such a delicate mouth, how each note is so perfectly pitched, the way the voice seems to get lost in the melody.

I basked in the serene moment of the song before it ceased sometime this afternoon. Although much to my despair, as I was then left to struggle in finding the song being sung. I searched for hours and came up empty.

It's like the song doesn't exist.

After the melodies died and with no luck in finding the song, I spent most of the day with Jo and Salem, helping the former pick out an outfit for her date.

Jo is out right now getting dinner with Mitch. I'm actually really happy to see her so giddy like this. She really deserves this. She deserves love that warms her heart and swaddles her up like a blanket. I still haven't met this Mitch guy, but if he's anything of what Johnsy has told me, I think we'll get along just fine.

But, with Jo out of the apartment, I'm finally alone.

Well, besides Salem, who is currently going to town on a cat scratch tower.

Sitting at my alter where I practice my witchcraft, I take out Aunt Bea's Book of Shadows and skim through the pages, desperately looking for answers to my unformed questions.

I feel hopeless and am about to give up until my eye catches a page titled: Chant De Flamme.

It may not be what I'm looking for in relation to my current problem, but I may as well read into whatever knowledge my Aunt had about the perplex singing in my head.

Maybe I can at least figure out this one thing.

Chant De Flamme: