the new seed planted in my garden

October.

"So...what'd you think?" Jo says sitting across from me as we sit at our kitchen table.

Last night was really fun. I wasn't expecting the boys to be how they were.

If I'm being honest, I thought Mitch was gonna be another asshole that I had to pretend to like and subtly give little hints to Jo to end it before she gets hurt.

But Mitch was actually very impressive. He was so kind to her and I really believe in their relationship. Watching the two of them connect so effortlessly was beautiful.

And as much as the quiet giggling I'd hear every now and then throughout the night coming from their side of the table was a tad annoying, I think I can get over it.

As long as Jo's happy. That's all the matters.

Now, Harry on the other hand, actually took me completely by surprise.

I was expecting another douchey guy to just tag along, thinking he was only there because Mitch forced him to, but he seemed happy to be there.

And as important as Mitch being nice to Jo, his friends liking Jo and I is also a priority into the relationship working out.

I can't fathom what would happen if Harry ended up hating me or Jo, or vice versa.

Harry seemed like he had a wonderful time, and although I can't speak for the man, I had a great time.

We talked a lot, between the two of us, which was delightful as I figured I'd just be third wheeling the happy couple while the two friends just awkwardly made small talk.

We got along quite nicely. It was very intriguing to me how we had so much in common, from music taste to humor.

He's a really nice guy from what I've met and I know first impressions don't always pan out to who someone truly is, but I didn't get any signs to say he was not someone to trust.

One thing I really appreciated was the fact he never questioned why I poured my drink on the floor or about my personal life. He never once came across intrusive which I really favored.

When the two first showed up, I remember reading their auras; Mitch's burning light pink and Harry's a lavender shade.

A light pink aura is seen around people who are gentle in nature, gifted at radiating loving energy to everyone they come in contact with. They often embrace romance and value relationships.

A lavender aura can represent vast imagination. Usually shown around visionaries and daydreamers. It can mean that this person is very creative, open-minded, and etheric.

I remember my heart beating rapidly watching the six foot man stroll through the busy bar to make his way to our table. I'm not sure why, but I got a funny feeling.

And unlike the bad feeling that's come and go over the weeks, this one was positive and light.

Almost, like a connection being formed.

Last night, he was gentle but outgoing and I don't think anyone has ever made me so comfortable from the get go like he was able to.

The feeling he gave me was indescribable. It was like watering a field of sunflowers after a long, hot summer. He felt needed.

Needed by me.

Maybe, I just have a small crush forming (because let's not lie, he's quite the charmer) or maybe I just missed the feeling of meeting someone new, but the image of him has definitely been playing in my head since we left the bar.