adorable illusion

Harry.

"Nice to meet you October, my name's Harry."

"Oh, you can call me Tobi. Nice to meet you too! We ordered drinks while we were waiting, you wanna take a shot with us?" She says cooly, a contrast to her very enthusiastic friend.

Tobi...

Tobi... why do I know that name?

For fucks sake, a bunch of people are named Tobi. I need to get my head out of my arse before I do something stupid.

"I like the name October."

Welp, too late for that now, innit?

Luckily, Mitch and Jo were too busy giggling with each other in secret conversation to notice. However, not so lucky as October plainly stifles a laugh.

At least I got her to smile?

"Thank you, my parents gave it to me," She smirks while looking down at the high top table next to us, picking up two shots before turning to face me and hands me one.

A chuckle escapes my lips, partially from her joke, but mostly to release whatever weird awkward tension I've created in myself.

"Hold up, let us join," Jo draws out as she takes two shot glasses for her and Mitch.

We all raise our glasses in the air and Tobi pours a little of her vodka onto the ground of the pub before counting down, "One, two,"

The four of us cheers our glasses simultaneously, a clinking sound emanating from the collision, and we down our shots.

The burn isn't too bad on my throat since vodka is my favorite. Mitch and Tobi take it straight faced while Jo's face contorts into disgust.

"Alright, have a seat guys. Let's order some food, I'm starving." Mitch says to the group and we all sit around the high top.

"So, how did you and October meet?" Mitch strikes up a conversation.

"Oh, I was looking for apartments because my old landlord raised the rent price too high for me to afford living alone. So, I went to this cafe up the road and saw a flyer for Tobi looking for roommates and I called her. Anyway, I moved in and we've been best friends ever since. I like to think it was a beautiful coincidence, but if you ask Tobes, she'll tell you it was fate." Jo laughs, flashing a wink to her friend.

Tobi just laughs and playfully shakes her head, adding with a smile, "Because it was fate. Not everyone gets the chance to room with me and Salem. He's quite picky,"

"Salem?" I question with a brow raised.

"My cat." She responds and I nod my head understanding.

"He is quite precious." Jo adds.

"So, Harry, how did you and Mitch meet?" Johnsy asks in return, taking a sip of her martini.

"Well, I moved here from England and Mitch had come on holiday and I had run into him. We kinda just hit it off, talking about music and when I decided to move to the states, he was the only person I could think of contacting," I reply to her before the waitress comes and takes our orders, us only asking for chips for the table.

"Oh, that's so cool! I was wondering about your accent but I didn't want to ask 'cause you probably get asked that a lot." Jo laughs.

"It's no worries, but yeah I'm from Cheshire."

"So, you like music?" Tobi speaks up and looks me in the eyes, twirling the straw of her mojito.

I nod, "Yeah, Mitch and I actually work on music together. I sing and write, and he writes some too, but he's amazing at guitar."