Chapter 13.

I was about to chew their ear off more but I didn't. I started to walk out when the boys grunted in pain. 

"Hey! What just happened?!" I started to run over to them but tripped in pain. It felt like my heart just exploded out of my chest. I hugged my chest in pain as I felt like my life flashed before my eyes. 

"It felt like I just died again." Reggie said standing up straight. 

"What was that?" Alex asked looking around him. 

"KATIE!" Luke  yelled running over to me. I was apparently still curled up in a ball on the floor.  

"What the hell did you do!?" I yelled sitting up straight. 

"nothing we don't even know what that was." he said examining me making sure I wasn't hurt. 

I was still so shook at that point. My hands were shaking in fear and I felt  my breathing get heavier and faster. 

"hey look at me. It was probably nothing." he said hugging me close to him. 

"Wha- what if it wasn't nothing." I said as I looked him dead in the eyes. He face got soft as he saw the fear and terror in my eyes. "I felt like I was going to die."   I buried my face in his chest. 

"woah hey it's okay. You're okay." he said stroking my hair. 

"Yeah it scared us all." Alex said bluntly. 

"Yeah but we're already dead. I don't even know what that felt on someone who was still alive." Reggie said putting his hands up in the air. 

I still felt the pain in my chest but it had stopped mostly. 

"yeah I mean it felt like I was flickering away." Luke said looking up at the other two. 

"Why did it happen to you? I mean if it had to do with death then why you your not dead." Alex asked.  

"HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW?!" I snapped. It felt like my calm, collected self just ran out the door leaving me with my feelings and anger. "You ran off and for what? hmm? Revenge?" 

"It not like that." Luke argued. I pushed off of him and  stood up. 

"Then what's it like? For all I know I'm cursed!" I said walking toward the door. 

"Your not cursed!" Luke yelled after me. 

"HOW DO YOU KNOW! AND FOR THAT I'M GONNA GO WITH JULIE! I QUIT!" I yelled my hands in fists. 

I stormed out of the room finally letting go. I felt tears roll down my face. I was angry, scared, and on top of all I felt betrayed.  Luke promised me that he was going to be here. 

~earlier that day before they haunted~

"Here." Luke said handing me music to practice. 

"Thanks! I can't wait for tonight." I said excitedly. 

Luke didn't look to excited. He had something on his mind, I could see it in his eyes. 

"Yeah..." He simply said before sitting on the bed next to me. 

"Hey what's wrong? Butterflies?" I teased, but I was worried for him. All day he looked like he was thinking about something. 

"Oh! nothing." he said snapping out of his day dreaming. "I'm just thinking about things, like how Julie can see us and make us visible when we play." He said covering something up. 

"yeah it's weird. She is pretty special!" I said happily. 

"Yeah she is isn't she." he said as a blush creeped onto his face. 

"Lukie his a crushh~~" I teased while prancing around the room. I had known for a while but this said it all. 

"NO! No I don't." He defended. 

"Uh huh. Okay just promise me one thing." I started. 

"And what would that be?" He asked his arms still crossed over his chest. 

"Promise me that your not going to miss tonight." I said blankly.

"Why would I miss it? Tonight is going to be amazing. It's the bands chance to play again. The dream that we never got to complete. And Julie is the only person who can make that dream a reality. SHE CAN MAKE US VISIBLE!" He said standing up and pacing back and forth. 

"Good. I just have a bad feeling... that's all." I said turning my gaze to the floor. 

"Well don't, I promise that I'll be there and so will the boys." he said excitedly shaking my shoulders. 

"Okay. You promise." 

"Swear." 

~back to reality~ 

He promised and he broke that promise. He swore, and then he lied about revenge. 

There was a knot in my stomach and tears that were threatening to roll down my face.  I felt a jolt go through my chest but not as bad as before. 

"Your brother is quite special." A voice said from the shadows. 

"W-who's there." I stuttered out. 

He took a step out of the shadows into the light. 

"y-your that guy I ran into and I spilt coffee on. If this is about that I'm really sorry." I said lowly. 

"Yeah, that's me!" he said opening his arms wide. His voice felt like it boomed through the whole school. "Apology accepted, but you have to do something for me." 

"wha-what? Buy you a new shirt? I'll do it." I said pulling out my wallet to give him some money.

"No, no, nothing like that. I want brother of yours and his friends in my band. The three of them have something I need." He said darkly. 

"But there dead. How can you-" 

"I'm dead too! Caleb Covington." he said bowing as if he just did some magic act. 

"Wait! Aren't you the magician who died a horrible death from on of his acts." I pointed out. 

"Yeah! You owe me and right now I own your soul. When the boys were with me I put a stamp on their wrists and yours. So unless you want your friends to disappear I suggest you get them to join me, and with that you'll be free too." He said excitedly. "and if you don't those boys will disappear and you'll die." 

My blood ran cold at his statement.  

"Far well." he said before disappearing. 

I was going to- die? what did those boys do? Why am I part of this mess. If I don't get them to join his band the boys will disappear.. forever? 

I felt my heart beat faster, I was scared. No not scared. Terrified. 

~~~

I hope you like this! I need to get something out and this chapter has a lot of secrets and stories to tell itself. I'm so glad you guys like this story! It makes me happy that you guys find joy in this. I couldn't find a better way to write this chapter, and once I wrote it I couldn't find anything to change how it laid out and transitions. So what do you guys think Katie is going to do?