Chapter 17.

Okay, number one. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I can't- I just can't.... I don't know how to tell you guys any other way on how grateful I am for you people. Idk how you got me to 46.8K reads, but thank you!!! and finally number two. I posted a new story. so if you like Bakugo and anime in general go check that out. Anyways----Enjoy~! Also I'm still grounded but-- idc, and I wanted to get this out. 

~~~

Tell them how I feel huh? That's gonna go over swell. 

I hopped off the bar stool and walked out the door pulling my hood over my head so I wasn't seen. How am I supposed to go home again? After I felt so.....free. 

I decided to go home. 

~~~

A few days past and I was sitting on my bed when the doorbell rang. 

"Who the- Julie, Luke?" I asked myself looking out my window that looked out the front porch. 

Dad answered the door and let her in, Luke followed behind. 

I slinked around the corner keeping myself hidden. 

"I found this song, I think your son wrote it...It's for a girl named Emily?" Julie said holding out the paper. 

"M-my name is Emily." Mom said taking the paper.  

"I think your son wrote this song for you." Julie said handing her the paper.

What the heck is going on. Luke started singing the lyrics written on the paper.

My eyes widened at the lyrics he was saying. They felt like they touched my soul, but it was how he felt. 

"Luke...." I whispered behind the corner. 

I felt tears prick the corner of my eyes and fall down my face. I put my hand over my mouth to keep myself from making noise. It hurt to think that he felt the same way I did... wanting freedom, but wanting to love his parents at the same time. And choosing between one was almost impossible. 

I'm so sorry.....

Mom. 

Luke was crying and so was everyone else in that room. I felt horrible, everything was coming back and I felt like I betrayed her. I love my parents, but I... I have no excuse on how I acted. All she wanted to do was protect me.. and Luke. And when Luke died she must have felt like she failed. 

Luke stopped singing and ran out of the house. 

Julie left and I stepped out from behind the corner.

"Katie what's wrong?" both my parents asked at the same time. 

"I'm. So sorry." I said tears falling down my face. "All you wanted to do was protect me and I ran out." I cried. 

"Katie...." Mom said running over to me and hugging me. "It's okay. I'm sorry too. I should have let you go hang out with your friends when you asked and let you go to your band. I was just scared to lose you." 

I hugged her back and cried...more. 

"Mom.. I love you so much." I said hugging her tighter. 

"I love you too kiddo." She said letting go of me. 

I love you.... but... I'm running out of time. Please forgive me. 

"I-I have to go. I promised Julie I would help her with her band stuff." I said wiping away tears. 

"okay. be safe." She said kissing the top of my head. 

~~~

I was sitting in Julie's garage waiting for them to come in. 

The pain went through my chest and the purple light flickered. I didn't fall over this time, I have gotten used to the pain by now, but it was still a shock. 

I can't let them join Caleb's band...

"hey Kat!" Reggie said getting my attention.

"I thought I told you not to call me that." I said crossing my arms. 

"No you asked who said that." He pointed out. 

"Well stop calling me that, it's annoying." I said leaning back on the couch. "Anyway, where is Julie?" 

"With Luke." he said smirking. 

"What's with the face?" I asked confused, he has never made that face before. 

"Me? nothing." He lied and I could tell. 

"Reggie what is it? do I have something on my face??!" I said touching my face.

"What no! They have chemistry." he beamed. 

"Why is that so hard to see?" I asked giggling to myself that he just figured that out. 

"Just like someone else I know." He teased wiggling his eyebrows. 

"REGGIE WHAT THE HECK!" I yelled burying my face in a pillow. 

"What?! I was talking about Alex." He said his face turning a deep red. "He has been really depressed since we went to Caleb's Club. Who did you think I was talking about?" 

"uhhhh....me and you." I whispered quietly my face turning beet red.

"what was that?" he asked not hearing what I said. 

"Nothing!" I yelled, "I don't know what you are talking about." 

"Oh come on! Please tell me." he said giving me puppy eyes. 

"no. No. That is my final answer." I said shaking my head. 

Reggie POV: 

"uhhh....me and you." she whispered quietly not think I would hear. 

"what was that?" I asked wanting to hear it again. 

She didn't tell me. But she, she likes... me? I-I mean I like her but no one's liked me before. Her eyes are so pretty, and she is really cute when she gets flustered or angry. I can't help but smile, maybe that's why I call her Kat. 

"Reggie?" Katie said waving her hand in front of my face snapping me out of my daze. "What's with the smile?" 

I just looked at her, pretty face, hair falling perfectly. 

"Reggie, dude stop you're scaring me." She said giving off a concerned face. "Dude-" 

I cut her off. I leaned forward and kissed her!! 

Katie POV: 

"Reggie, dude stop you're scaring me." I was getting concerned at this point. "Dude-" 

He cut me off and.. KISSED ME!!  

"Sorry." he said pulling away from me. "I wanted to do that for a while." 

I didn't even think my body just moved. I kissed him back, WHAT ELSE WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO?! HE'S DEAD!! KATIE! 

"same here." I laughed as I sat back on the couch next to him. 

BUT HE'S DEAD!!! Katie shut up. Just enjoy this. 

~~~