Chapter 5

Shepard and Mirithea got shown to their room by one of the turians on board; the bags had already been neatly been set on the bunks.

"I had my reservations about taking a turian cruiser," Mirithea whispered putting away some of the bags.

"I didn't want to take the cruiser to Juxhi," Shepard replied softly also putting her bags away. "I'm trying to blend in, not stand out."

"Councilor Sparatus wouldn't take no for an answer," Mirithea answered. "It was the cruiser or we wouldn't be allowed to leave."

"Splendid," Shepard said annoyed. "Maybe I might convince the Captain to let us take a shuttle before we land."

"I doubt he would let us," Mirithea said. "All turians hold Councilor Sparatus in the highest regards. They wouldn't care to disappoint him."

"I guess not," Shepard mumbled taking a seat and taking off her heels. "This is supposed to be a covert mission."

Before Mirithea could reply, there was a knock on the door interrupting them. Both of them shared a look before Mirithea stood to open the door; it was the turian from earlier the one who showed them to their room.

"Can I help you?" Mirithea asked politely.

"Yes," the turian replied. "The Captain has requested Dr. Lang's presence in the Command Center."

"I will let her know," Mirithea replied, letting the door closed.

"Most likely introductions and the I run this mission speech," Shepard mumbled, putting on her heels again.

"Turians are known for speeches," Mirithea replied, chuckling softly.

Shepard grunted in response and headed out of the room to the Command Center. She got a few looks on her way but no one spoke to her. The Command Center's door swooshed open letting her enter; it was empty except for two turians looking at a screen. Shepard made her way quietly over and stood next to the tallest turian of the two. She stood there waiting to get noticed by either of them, but they were still enthralled by the screen.

"Are those the projected landing for Juxhi?" Shepard asked, also taking an interest in the screen. "I would suggest landing on the other side of the planet and taking a shuttle from there."

Both turians got rigid and turned to face her as quickly as they could.

Shepard stared at them and smiled, "Am I interrupting something?"

They were both speechless with mouths wide open.

"When-" the turian with reddish plates began to say.

"Oh, I haven't been here long," Shepard replied, smiling again.

"I guess that why they are sending in an infiltrator to do this job," the red tint turian said.

"I couldn't say," Shepard replied, smartly. "I just know how to blend."

The red turian grunted and walked away from the screen. Shepard followed him and wait for him to speak.

"I am Captain Nihlus K. A Spectre," the turian said introducing himself. "Behind you is Commander Garrus Vakarian, also a Spectre."

Shepard fought the urge to turn around and gape. If she had known Garrus was a Vakarian, a Commander, and a Spectre, she may have thought twice about speaking to him. It was a known fact that Shepard wasn't too fond of Spectres; only because of her brother.

"We will be monitoring your progress through your mission," he continued, leaning against one of the stations. "We have placed several sleepers in the Academy to ensure your safety, the flow of information between the Command Center, and yourself."