Introductions

After that horrid introduction to Adriano a few days ago I had stayed as far from Papa's office as humanly possible. Not only had he repeatedly brought up the embarrassing incident he couldn't quit referring to me as 'his little warrior'.

I doubt my standing there growing roots would cause anyone to think twice about striking down their nemesis. Oh yeah, I'm turning into an everyday Hercules over here.

Looking at the loom in front of me made me feel exhausted. It isn't that I dislike taking care of the house and Papa definitely did need a new robe... I just was raised thinking women did more...

Well the first time anyway.

It was early afternoon and a trip the bathhouse is exactly what is in order to get me out of my funk. I think I have been cooping myself up at home too much lately. You can only see the same walls so many times before going mad. Setting the loom aside I stand up and go to change into more public appropriate clothing, I fix my hair and eat a quick bite of some left over breakfast before heading out.

The streets are ripe with business this afternoon, you can barely see two feet in front of yourself. Some people may hate the large crowd and eternal stream of noise that comes from the city streets and market but to me it makes the world less lonely. You can truly hear how alive and well the city is here. It's a type of magic only Rome holds in her heart.

Finally reaching the bathhouse I see Adriano standing outside the woman's side of the building. I walk over in hopes I can redeem myself for my epic failure last time we met.

"Hello Adriano, I hope you're doing well today?"

He looks confused at first before he remembers who I am, "Ah! Genevieve hello, I'm doing just fine. I thought I was just dropping my daughter off for a quick bath as I need to get going now but it seems she will be a while." He sighs and rubs between us eyes. "She's still so young and I do not want to leave her without someone to escort her... I don't think the patrons would take well to me walking in to get her either."

He looks totally confused and hopeless when it come to his daughters bath habits. Poor guy, I wonder if she usually comes with a friend or maybe her brother brings her? I can't help but let out a small giggle, he looks totally lost. Not to mention I'm pretty sure most of the woman in their would love for him to walk in. His biggest problem would be getting to leave.

"Well, it just so happens I am on my way in and I would be more than happy to escort her wherever she needs to go after."

"Truly? That would be incredible if you could."

"Sure! I would love to, I could always use more friends."

"Then I am in your debt Genevieve, thank you."

I smile and wave as Adriano walks away in a hurry. It's funny to see how oblivious he is to those around him. I'm pretty sure three woman just ruined their under garments when he walked past them simply due to him sending them a small smile. I shake my head and turn to walk into the bath.

Inside I give my clothes to the nearest worker and make my way into the inner baths, I simply want to relax today. As I enter the room I look around hoping to find a young lady that looks similar to Adriano. In my hurry to help I forgot to ask what she looked like.

I scan the room until I come across a lovely young lady with the exact same olive skin color and striking eyes as her father. Her hair is a tad bit darker but that could be the steam from the pools.

I inch forward slowly because honestly how embarrassing would it be to just walk up, sit down and it be the wrong girl while your naked? Because that would be just my luck.