Busted

How I imagine Raven.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't want to go home, but I had no choice. My home is the only place I can go. I wish my life was different, I can't talk to anyone about my problems not even my mum. "Hey Raven wait up." I was snapped out of my thoughts as my friend Deborah Grace ran to catch up with me, Deborah doesn't know about what I go through at home. "What's up you look down,and you have started wearing lots of make-up." Deborah said stopping my train of thought. "N-nothing's wrong and I like to have my s-skin toned the s-same." I hated lying to people, I'm already so close to bursting into tears, I casually turned my head to the right and see my crush looking at me with a concerned face, I jerk my head in front of me. That's when I realized that he wasn't looking at my face but in fact at my neck. I slowly move my hand under my right ear and wince as I feel a bump. I see him crossing the road to me. I picked up my pace but Vincent was a great runner so in no time he had caught up with me.

As soon as he extended his arm to stop me my phone starts ringing. I check the caller ID and see it is my mum. "Great." I mumbled, I didn't want to talk to either of them. While I debate who to talk to Vincent look over my shoulder and asks "Aren't you going to answer that?" I make a quick decision and declined the call and sprinted across the street into a stampede of students with my hand covering the bruise. I looked back at Vincent and Deborah and noticed that they are crossing the road, their eyes met mine and then shifted to something behind me, I spun around to see Debbie saying my name over and over again. I walked up to her and said "Hello Debbie, how are you?" I asked as I speed walked inside her office. "Good thank you, and what is wrong with your neck" She replied as her gaze shifted to my neck. "My neck cramped while writing." I replied silently hoping she bought it. "I know....." Debbie was cut off by my phone ringing and my friends basically bursting in. Now Debbie looked concerned and suspicious, "I think I should be leaving cause my mom has called me twice, bye." I said making my way to the door. "No Raven you can't leave until you tell me how you got that bruise." Vincent said blocking my path.

"What bruise Raven!!" Said Debbie and Deborah in unison. "I don't know what bruise you are talking about Vincent." I said once again lying. "This bruise Raven." Vincent said as he yanked my hand away from my neck. A gasp left Deborah's mouth. Vincent's eyes widened. "It's gotten bigger." exclaimed Vincent. "How big?" I asked. But before Vincent could reply my phone started ringing for the third time, I answered it. "Hello?" I said scared. "How dare you decline my call Raven, I want you back home now, we sent your brothers away for a reason." My mother yelled over the phone, I knew that everyone could hear my mother. "And what about me? Is it fair to me for what you're doing to me? You fucking messed me up emotionally and physically you're the worst excuse for a parent." I spat back with anger bubbling inside me. "How dare you talk back to me. I will beat the crap out of you, you good for nothing bitch. Just wait till your home." She screamed.

"No, I'm not coming home this time mum and you can kiss your daughter goodbye." I replied with hatred. "No one else will take you in and you have no where to go. Good luck finding a place to stay." She replied calmly over the phone. "Well thanks for the news flash but I know exactly what I am doing." I replied dead calm over the phone. I heard my mother scream over the phone, that's when I decided to hit end call and delete her number from my phone. My phone started ringing again but I didn't recognize the number so I answered on speaker. "Hello?" I answered. "Raven are you okay? Your mum called telling me you left home." My dad said. "Well first of all she is not my mother and I can't believe she's getting you to try and convince me. What a bitch." I replied with both sadness and anger. I saw Vincent move over to me and put his around my shoulders and I leaned in thankful for the support. "She is your mother Raven, whether you like it or not!" My dad replied angrily, making me whimper and cry. I had never heard my dad yell at me. "I can't believe you just said that to me and  you know nothing." I replied my anger coming back full on. "I know enough to know that you need help." I gasped. "Look here dad, you have been away almost all my life so you don't know anything about me. And my so called mother has fucked me up in more ways than possible. I HATE YOU." I said to my father. "You don't mean that do you? Please don't say that." My dad's voice cracked. "I-I'm sorry I don't mean that but please don't say that Mary is my mother." I replied my own voice cracked.

Vincent comfortingly rubbed his hand up and down my shoulder causing me to wince in pain. "Dad I've got to go, but please don't worry about me I know what I am doing OK?" I said noticing that Vincent had accidentally reopened a cut, making it bleed. "How can I not worry, your my daughter" He said and just like that the line went dead.