Chapter 3 - At The Top Of Our Lungs

SONG - AMNESIA BY FIVE SECONDS OF SUMMER

Jaime, leaped out of the car and to my side.

"Shit man. Are you ok?"  He gasped

"Yeah Yeah I'm fine, just anxiety - I think - it's fine. I'm fine. Let's just go"

"You sure Vic? You still look awful pale. Have you even been taking your medicine?"

"You know I have been off my medication for ages." I replied as got back into the passenger seat. Jaime set off at a slightly slower speed as if he was cautious of my vomit. He continued this slow speed as he headed down a few sides streets, pulling up in front of a large open window, filled with instruments.

"Look, it was kinda my suprise but I kinda ordered you something to cheer you up. I got the call this morning to say it's here."

"Jaime you really shouldn't have" I sighed at him as I knew I didn't deserve anything except the cowardly deafeat I'd already recieved.

"Well I did!" He replied in an exaggerated idiotic voice, as if he was posing to be stupid.

He opened the door and strolled in. Gary, the manager, came and shook our hands. We'd always bought guitars from Gary and he was always happy to give us reduced maintenance prices.

"Hey guys. It's been a while Vic! I guess you're hear to pick up that shiny new personalized?" Gary beamed. He was a large man, with his long blonde hair scraped into a pony tail and a sleeve of tattoos patterned onto his arm. He led us behind the desk into a large recording room hidden away at the back of the shop. "Check it sounds alright and if you're pleased with it then it's yours to take." Gary said before handing me a heavy black case, with 'Vic fuentes - Pierce The Veil' inscribed into the side. I couldn't help but grin at the sentiment, partly because of how caring of a gesture it was and partly because Jaime's smile was contagious. I unbuckled the case to reveal the most awesome guitar I'd seen in a while. It was an electric black guitar, with the Collide With the Sky girl on the side in white and PTV scratched onto the edge. I tuned it, plugged it in, put the volume up and started to play. I didn't know I was singing to myself.

"Do you still love me, I am dying to know?"

"Sooooo what do you think? " Jaime interrupted.

"I really appreciate it man. Thanks" I hugged him before going to pack it away in the case.

"Ah ah ah! We're booked in here for am hour's jamming session"

"What the fuck dude? How much did that cost?"

"Ah, Gary let us have that as a freebie." Jaime shrugged, looking smug in himself. The room was one of the nicest studios in the city. It gave a large comfy space with nice acoustics. It's velvet interior was outlined with sound proof walls and it was fitted with speakers and microphones so we can record rough to take to the recording studios. The sound board was impressive in itself, with over 300 nobs and dials that I didn't quite understand. Jaime did, however, from his dumb technology college qualification. There were several stools dotted around and I placed myself on one of those, armed with my guitar. Jaime wondered over and handed me a small package out of his pocket.

"Dude you need to stop with the gifts, it's not my birthday"

"This was off T-T-TONY TURRRRTLE actually" Jaime replaced his voice with an essence of high pitched stupidity to take the piss - what out of, I don't know.

I opened the package to reveal a new guitar strap with a chequered pattern. It was inverse black and white to match the guitar and was patterned with our logo and the Collide Girl yet again. It was really different and I loved it. I attached it to the guitar and strung it around my neck. The fresh cushioned shoulder pad fit like a glove onto my shoulder and helped me comfortably manage the weight of the heavy electric.

Jaime was pissing about with the controls as I made a few scratch recordings of songs. I burned them onto a CD towards the end of the hour and wrote down some tabs and lyrics to play around with at home. Maybe, if I still found them worth keeping, they'd go into the new album.

"It's perfect" Jaime shouted as he strolled out of the luxury studio room, me trudging behind. I browsed the rest of the store as Jaime chatted to Gary about a Bass he had seen back in England.

"You know, it was literally beauty personified! I mean, the strings weren't the best quality but it had detailed controls on it and it was just beautiful." Jaime boasted. "I would have bought it but it was just too expensive, plus I only just got my new one the other month."

"Plus you buy from me." Gary winked at Jaime and they both laughed. "You liking the guitar Vic? To be honest, I would've kept it for myself if it wasn't so personaalized."

"Yeah." I gave a weak laugh. "I love it. Must have cost Jaime here a fortune. Matches Mike's drum skin, doesn't it?"

"It does indeed!"  Jaime grinned at me. "Do you need anything else before we go?"

I nodded to him. I picked up some spare strings and new picks and handed a few dollar bills to Gary. I turned and in front of me was a young woman searching through the sheet music rack with her back facing me. This young woman had dark hair, that went down to her skinny waist. She sported some skinny jeans and a black tank top, revealing a treble clef tatoo on the back of her shoulder. And this young woman turned around to reveal two emerald green, piercing eyes.

"Elle?!" I gasped.

"Vic."