riley kissed me!

riley really enjoyed streaming, even though she wasn't a streamer. she assumed that was for the better, though, when she had to comfort clay and restrain herself from beating up a 14 year old who doxxed clay.

it hurt to see clay upset, especially having to hold him while he sobbed into her lap.

riley would give anything, anything, for clay and his happiness. riley didn't care what it was, if she even had it. if he wanted four individual grains of sand from the bottom of the deep sea, she would say a prayer and dive in headfirst.

it scared her, though, because she had never felt that way about anybody except for her family and her pets, and maybe erin.

riley missed erin, if she was being honest. they still talked, but erin had gotten and had buried herself in her work to distract from everything else going on, and the long hours spent inside her house since there was still a global pandemic going on. and riley... riley had stuff to do, people to talk to, her own problems to worry about.

but when they did talk it was like no time had passed. like the pandemic had never happened--wasn't still happening--and they were just college kids again, trying their best to get through the year and not drop out.

"i'm gonna go," riley says during one of the few moments of silence, "i promised erin we would watch a movie tonight." she lets out a soft sigh as she reaches for the remote for her led lights.

"what? no, don't leave me." clay whines, leaned back in his chair with his hands tucked behind his head.

he's tired, but playing with his friends and riley really made his day better. it took his mind off the things that would normally be eating him up. if he could live in this moment forever, he would. he knew that when riley left, he'd start remembering the things she made him forget. like the fact that a bunch of people on twitter suddenly knew his real name and address.

"we could all watch a movie," nick suggests, "if it's cool with erin."

"it'll be fine with her," riley says, pulling her phone out of her pocket, "can i come over, clay?"

clay glances up, not used to hearing his real name on stream, before smiling softly to himself.

god he's a simp for her.

"yeah, of co-GEORGE WHAT?!" he screams, catching a glance of george kissing callahan on the cheek.

george just laughs, moving his facecam back down as he takes punches from nick.

riley watches the two form behind callahan, silently laughing to herself.

they're all idiots, but they're all her idiots and she has to love them.

nick, being the needy child that he is, starts to yell "kiss me! kiss me george! kiss me!" as loud as he can.

riley starts laughing harder, covering her mouth with her hand.

she supposed to be texting erin right now, but her body is shaking so much that she can't do anything.

"KISS ME GEORGE!" nick yells again, causing riley to gasp for air.

"MY MINECRAFTS LITERALLY STARTING!" clay yells, wanting a kiss too.

riley is almost crying from laughter when george leaves the game, both the boys yelling their heads off.

"FUCK YOU!" nick yells, turning around and punching riley in the face, "KISS ME RILEY!"

riley gasps for air again, trying to reach for her keyboard and mouse. she's sunk down halfway into her chair, unable to breath, barely able to see.