chapter seventeen

- november 29th 1994 -

thursday morning during break after their last period of the day. y/n followed fred and george as they walked to the great hall. the three had just finished divination and the boys decided they needed to suddenly send a letter urgently. the two spotting his younger brother their pace increased massively. y/n almost had to run to even keep up.

harry, ron and hermione were writing out homework. pieces of partchment all across the table as they talked with one another about the next task which wasnt approaching until the 24th of february.

angelina looked up seeing the group of three walking and cried out to the girl, "y/n come sit with us!" she turned to the boys as if she was silently asking if it were okay and they nodded.

the girl continued walking to the group of girls. where fred and george sat down at the table with harry, ron and hermione.

"ron, can we borrow Pigwideon?" george asked.

"no, he's off delivering a letter," said ron. "why?" the younger boy asked once again. more curious than ever before.

"because george wants to invite him to the ball," said fred sarcastically.

"because we want to send a letter, you stupid great prat," said george. motioning to fred who was sat beside him.

"nose out, ron, or i'll burn that for you, too," said fred who waved his hand threateningly. "so... you lot got dates to the ball yet?"

"nope." replied ron quickly.

"not yet no." harry said.

"well, you'd better hurry up, mate, or all the good ones will be gone," said fred.

"who'd you going with, then?" said ron.

"y/n," said fred promptly, without a trace of embarrassment.

"what?" said ron, taken aback slightly. "you've already asked her?" the younger boy asked.

"good point," said fred. he leaned forward grabbing a piece of ron's spare partchment scrunching it into a ball. turning he threw it at the girls head who was sat further up the table, "oi, y/n!"

y/n who was mid conversation with angelina and alicia turned to him, "what?" she cried back.

"want to come to the ball with me?"

the girl thought for a moment. giving the boy a look.

"yeah, alright then." she said, turning back to the two girls to continue their conversation with a grin plastered on her face.

"there you go," said fred to harry and ron, "piece. of. cake."

"what about you george, who you going with then?" harry asked.

the older boy nodded. turning to the group of the girls, "angelina!"

she turned to him tilting her head. the group of girls now slightly annoyed with their second distribution, "what do you want?" the girl screamed back annoyed.

"ball with me?" george asked.

"yeah of course." she replied.

turning away she now had a grin on her face as y/n had. the two girls smiling and talking away with alice. who already had a date and was lee jordan. the three girls seemingly had the three boys a perfect match in a way.

harry whined quietly before slamming his head on the table before him slightly.

hermione hissed from beside him, "harry you cannot just go slamming your head on tables every time something goes wrong!" she exclaimed.