Christmas Can Produce Miracles

Isabel finally figured out what to get Tavington for Christmas. She just hoped he would like it. It wouldn't surprise her if he didn't, they never really did see eye to eye.

"You wanted to talk with me?" Isabel asked when she got to Lord Cornwallis' tent.

Oh crap, she thought. I forgot about Lord Cornwallis. Then an idea popped into her head. Sarah taught me how to make oatmeal cookies. He will get that, nothing more. He did threaten my life, he should be happy he gets anything.

"Every year I throw a Christmas party. And since I'm stuck here it will have to be at your home."

"As long as I don't have to plan a single thing. You're more than welcome to have it at my home."

His eyes scrunched, "You're not going to fight me on this."

"No, I'm not in the mood. Besides, it's the season to be nice with one another. Is that all?" She asked.

Lord Cornwallis shook his head, "That is all."

The cookies were made the night before and placed in something nice. Isabel was up early for Christmas that day. She gave all the servants the day off since they were no doubt had to work the party. She flew down the stairs and out to where Mitchell and Collins were.

"Here." She handed them each a present.

"That was nice of you." Said Collins

With a smile, "Wait till you see it." She said.

Mitchell laughed, "It can't be horrible." When they opened their presents a confused look fell upon their faces.

"It's my sad attempt at making scarves. We all know how I'm not destined in sewing." She laughed.

They both laughed with her. "We didn't get you anything," Collins said.

"I don't care what Tavington says you can eat breakfast with us. And that can be my Christmas present from you two." She smiled.

They laughed some more at Isabel's poor attempt at making scarves but was short-lived when Tavington was in the doorway asking for Isabel to come inside.

"What are you doing?" He asked once she was inside.

"I was giving Mitchell and Collins their Christmas presents." Pointing to the door.

"Why would you do that?"

"Because they are my friends. And you should do nice things for others at Christmas. Which reminds me I have to send out Lord Cornwallis's cookies." Isabel went to the kitchen.

Tavington followed her into the kitchen, "And where is Sarah?"

Calling over her shoulder, "I gave her and all the servants the day off. Before you object, I said we both decided that. But Sarah was nice enough to help me cook a little breakfast for you, me, Collins and Mitchell."

"They're joining us?! And you made breakfast!" He was puzzled about the idea.

"Yeah, they are joining us whether you like it or not. Don't sound so shocked about my cooking. And if you don't let Mitchell and Collins come to breakfast, you will so not be getting your Christmas present." Grabbing the cookies.

"You got me something?" One of his eyebrows arched.

Turning to him, "Yeah I did. Didn't you get me anything?"

Placing his hands behind him he gave her that look like he was looking down at her, "Maybe."

Giving him a smirk, "Fine. Then I'll just keep what I got you." And she left him alone in the kitchen.