Letting Go Isn't Easy

Night fell on the first night he was staying in the room injured. Starting his three days of sitting in there doing nothing. Isabel was getting ready for bed in the bathroom.

"You want me to start the story?" She asked coming into the room.

"Sure." Turning his head to her.

Sitting at the end of the bed, she grabbed her pillow and placed it on her lap. As she told the story, she was very animated about it. Wendy was just shot out of the sky when she looked over to Tavington who was fast asleep. The next night Isabel continued with the story. She stopped at the part with Tink dying. She finished it on the third night.

"That story was highly unbelievable and not in the least bit good." He grumbled.

She made a hurt sound, "That story is fantasy and is to be like that. And it was so good. I saw you hanging on my every word with the fight scenes with Hook."

Looking away from her "Was not."

Laughing, "So were. You liked the story and just won't admit it." She teased him.

"Did not." Turning back to her.

She crawled under the covers. "If you say so." She said sarcastically.

"Was I dreaming back at the tent when I got shot or were you crying?"

Blushing a little from embarrassment, "Yes."

Scrunching his eyes, "Why?"

Looking at him puzzled, "Why? Really? We just had a moment on Christmas, then you go and get shot. I felt like I was going to lose something that could be great."

"It's going to take a lot more than a shot in the shoulder to get rid of me."

"Yeah, you're telling me. Now get some sleep." Rolling over so her back was to him.

When Colonel Tavington woke that morning he felt Isabel's body against his. Looking over to her she was asleep and facing him. Her body was pressed against his, with her head against his shoulder. He quietly snuck out of bed, not wanting to wake her. Getting dressed proved harder than he thought.

Within the next few days, Tavington healed back to normal. The shot didn't slow him from winning battles.

Tavington didn't come home for dinner that night. Isabel didn't care, he had missed dinner before. She was in the mood for a relaxing night and decided to take a nice hot bath. She wrapped the so-called towel around her as she stepped out of the bathtub when she finished. It felt so great to take one. Humming to herself, she walked out of the bathroom.

"At least this time you don't have a book in your hand." The voice said.

Gasping, she turned to see Tavington leaning against one of the walls. "I seriously wish you would not do that." Turning away from him, she reached for her bra and underwear.

Tavington moved so he was behind her, placing a hand on hers. "I am tired of waiting."

Turning to him, they were inches from each other. "Excuse me?"

"You know exactly what I mean. People are starting to talk."

Rolling her eyes, "You've got to be kidding. Because people are talking you want to get lucky?"

"What?"

Pushing passed him with her bra and underwear in hand, "Sex. Because people are talking you want to have sex."

Grabbing her wrist, "Haven't I been patient long enough?"

Looking over her shoulder to him, "Yes."