Chapter 9 Dad...That hurt..

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, frowning. Wade and I had made our way over to Stark Towers and inside...Only for me to be dragged away from him and my fathers to almost completely murder my boyfriend. I had pushed my way in between them and began screaming the one thing that I knew would get their attention. "DON'T! DON'T! DAD! I LOVE HIM!" 

I have never seen the look of complete and utter confusion and disappointment in my father's eyes before...It hurt me...It pissed me off.

I snapped and I did the one thing I had done since three years ago when I was seventeen. I fought with them. They said the most hurtful and anger inducing words about Wade. I lost it. The screaming match lasted for almost an hour and it was probably something that half of New York heard.

It ended when Wade hugged me. I just felt all the anger pour out of me. The only emotion left was sadness and hurt for my father's treating Wade this way and not accepting my choice to love him. 

I had turned into the only source of comfort I could find. Wade. I had hugged him and he held me. It was like everything faded away and nothing was left but me and Wade. I hadn't even noticed I was crying until Wade pulled away and kissed my tears. He kept whispering that he loved me and that it was fine and to stop crying. It took me a minute but I finally calmed down. 

I turned to my fathers and glared. I sighed and shook my head, grabbing Wade's hand. I looked them straight in the eyes. "Dad...Papa...look, I love Wade...Nothing you can say or do will change that." 

They looked at me with complete surprise and confusion. I shook my head and turned away, walking toward the elevators and pulling Wade inside with me. He sighed and held me while he pushed the button. I buried my head into his chest. 

I can't believe that they would say that....Dad...that hurt....