Truth · Pt 1

3rd Person POV
It was a normal practice day, however Hinata was running later to practice than usual. As the team waited Asahi noticed Suga slightly irritated.
"Hey Suga, are you ok?" Asahi asked somewhat concerned. Everyone started to quiet down confused before Suga blurted out "Wtf is taking him so long!?".
The room quickly went silent as everyone was shocked to here this come from Suga. Asahi, Yamaguchi, and Daichi being the most. To add on to their surprise 1 by 1 the other teammates agreed.
Daichi interrupted explaining that he was probably just slept in or something.
"Yeah but hes never late and hes just waisting our time." Ennoshita added.
They continued on unaware of Hinata standing right outside the door listening. *oh no.. are they mad at me...* Hinata just shook it off as he entered thinking it was nothing.
As soon as he entered everyone got quiet.
"Hey guys!" the small boy said smiling. Everyone said hi and continued on as if they weren't just talking about him.
Asahi and Daichi looked at each other confused as Yamaguchi just shook it off.
They all headed to practice per usual after that.
As a few days passed the small talks about Hinata continued throughout the team when they thought he wasn't around. He would hear this but not say anything because he figured he probably did something wrong.

One day Daichi had everyone except Hinata meet him in the club room to talk about the situation.
(btw Kiyoko and Yachi don't know about it yet.)
"So what exactly is going on?" asked Daichi in a very serious tone. "Whats with you all suddenly talking about Hinata behind his back?"
The room went silent as Kiyoko and Yachi looked at each other shocked and confused. Without making it obvious Kiyoko turned on her phone and started to record the current conversation.
"He's just annoying!"
"Yeah and gets in the way."
"He steals all the attention."
"The only reason we're nice to him is because we need him to win nationals tbh."
These comments continued from nearly everyone except Asahi, Yamaguchi, Yachi, Kiyoko, and Daichi.
"Guys he's our teammate and friend!" says Asahi slowly standing up.
"Yeah, and Kageyama aren't you his boyfriend!?" Yamaguchi said confused and upset.
"Yeah but that's just so i have something to do when I'm bored ha." he replied causing Yachi to run out of the room crying for her friend.
Kiyoko following behind to comfort her crying girlfriend before stopping at the door to ask Daichi if he was going to do anything about it.
All she got in response was him looking down not knowing what to say. Disappointed she slammed the club room door running off. A few minutes Yamaguchi got up to leave as well.
"Where are you going Yams?" Tsukishima asked looking at Yamaguchi trying to hold back tears. "Just to the restroom.." he said leaving.

Kiyoko POV
I ran looking for Yachi only to find her crying by the gym doors sitting on the ground.
I sat next to her and put her head on my shoulder letting her cry then remembering the recording.
"Why would they say that??"
"I don't know but I recorded it, Ill send it to Hinata, ok?"
"..o-ok"
I quickly pulled out my phone and searched for his contact.
there it is.. I thought texting him.

Hinata POV
I felt my phone vibrate as I got home from my run. I opened to see a text from Kiyoko!
Looking at the notification all I saw was "Im sorry..." and an attachment.
Confused as to why she was apologizing I tilted hy head confused while walking to my room.
When I got there I clicked the video and listened.
As the video ended, dropping my phone to the floor by accident in shock, I fell to my bed crying...
I thought they were my friends.. What did I do wrong!??
No longer having the energy to move I stayed laying down, crying myself to sleep.
*A few hours later, still Hinata's POV*
I shot up from my bed as I started hearing continuous knocking from the front door. Taking a second to rub my eyes I ran to the door and opened it to see Kiyoko, Yachi, Yamaguchi, and Asahi all standing there looking worried. I let them in as they Kiyoko asked why I didn't reply. I told her what happened and they all came and hugged. This caused me to start sobbing more making the 4 concerned.
After a while I calmed down.
"So what are we gonna do now?" asked Asahi
"... please don't tell them i know yet.."
"Why Hinata?" Yachi asked laying her head on my shoulder.
"I have an idea to get back at them... the game to get to nationals is in a week and a half right?"
"Yeah... what are you going to do though..?" Yamaguchi asked.
I pulled out my phone and began searching through my phone til I came across the correct contact. I showed them my phone calling the number. They all look at me in shock and confusion.
"Why do you have his number?" "Why are you calling him?"
They all questioned until a voice answered the phone.
"Hello?"
"Hi.. I was just wondering if you're offer still stands..?"
"Ah yes. Are you considering coming?"
"When do I start?" I asked looking up at the 4 with a smirk. Somewhat understanding what was going on they looked back at me with an understanding, sad smile.
-
-
923 words