Chapter 8

"I could say the same to you..." she said in a calm happy tone. Ash blushed slightly and turned his head back towards the starry night sky
"Just thinking about stuff..." he said warmly. If they were still traveling back in kalos Bonnie would give a shocked sarcastic look and say 'Ash?! Thinking?! Are you ok?!'
Serena smiled a bit at the thought and then sat down next to ash
"About what?" She asked. He smiled a bit.
"Nothing much. Just..." he stopped.
Serena tilted her head wondering what was going on in his head.
"Wondering what it would be like if we were all still traveling back in kalos. I had so many good memories back there." He paused
"Most of them were with you..." he smiled at her with a blush on his face.
Yes he was blushing but it was nothing compared to Serena's.
"I-It was the same for me ash. I couldn't imagine that journey without you..." she smiled but had butterfly's on the inside. She looked up at the sky wondering what would happen next. she had only ever had these kind of moments with ash in her dreams. just the two of them together...alone. she then remembered what usually happened at the end of her dreams. she blushed harder than before but then decided to say something.

"You know ash... if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be here today. I would still be at home with my mother still riding ryhorn. But you showed me what it was like to have a dream...And now. Now i'm happier than ever before." she paused and turned to him "And its all thanks to you! i never really got to properly thank you for that so..." she smiled

"Thank you..." she said in a sweet sincere voice.

Ash blushed but then smiled

"Anything for a friend..." He felt a little sad when he said friend for some reason. Serena then looked back up at the sky and gasped

"Look!" she pointed. Ash immediately looked up to see millions of stars shooting across the sky.

"Woah..." he said in awe.

For the next couple minuets they watched the sky in silence.

Ash(Pov)

I was watching the stars cross the sky. they reminded me of Serena's performances back in kalos. when i had told Serena about the memories i meant one in particular. of course all moments with her were the greatest but.. when she was leaving for hoenn she kissed me. That was the biggest moment ever for me and i was...happy. I was so glad that me and her found each other agai-. I looked down to see Serena asleep on my shoulder sleeping soundly. I felt heat go to my face and i smiled. she looked so peaceful. i then picked her up and brought her back to her tent.

"Goodnight Serena..."