LEXINGTON

Harper practically jumped out of her seat when lunch came around.

She had an early release for the Breeder's Cup Juvenile the next day.  She gathered her things and started to walk towards the door, being met by Jasper.

"Leaving through the front doors today are we?" He asked.

"Nah, my mom and dad are here," she said.  "I'm out of school for the day and won't be here tomorrow.  My horse is running tomorrow in the Breeder's Cup Juvenile."

"No way," he said.  "Why haven't you kept me updated?"

"I thought you'd be mad if I told you I was gonna be gone from school today at lunch and tomorrow," she said with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Why would I be mad?  I'm glad that you're getting to get away for a couple days.  You deserve it, especially with the shit you've been going through here."

"I guess you're right," Harper said with a smile.  "Anyways, I gotta go.  We gotta get to the airport.  Everything is packed up, so as soon as I leave here and get in the truck, we're off to Lexington."

"I should let you go then," he said and gave her a hug in which she returned.  "Good luck to your colt running.  He's gonna do great."

"Thanks Jasper," Harper said with a big grin as they walked out the doors.

"See you Monday?" He asked as Harper left his side and towards her parents truck.

"Yeah," she said.  "See you Monday."

And with that, they parted ways, and Harper got into the truck.

...

A few hours later, they arrived at Churchill Downs.  Harper went online onto Instagram and was met with a picture of Dak in his workout from a few days prior. 

He had been looking extremely good in his workouts, and Harper was sure he could get the job done.

He had drawn post four for the race and was the longest shot in the morning line odds at a high price of sixty five to one.

The favorite at even money on the morning line was a colt named Hyrule.  The colt was breaking from post one, and he was the biggest threat coming into the race, riding a five race win streak.  He was also unbeaten in all five of his starts.

Also in the race was the colt who liked to break outwards.

Obsidian.

He was in gate two.  So again, Dak was towards the outside of him.  And again, Toby Mays was not excited. He was now dreading the Breeder's Cup Juvenile against the fifty to one long shot gate wise.

But since Dak was two gates down from Obsidian, hopefully he and the others to the outside of him would be fine.

But should Obsidian break like he usually does and wipe out the outside field at the start, the race sets up perfectly for Hyrule to take an easy win, but Obsidian would also be a major contender then as well.

All Dak's team could hope for the next day is for a clean break and a possible win.