CHRISTMAS

Christmas Day finally arrived, and Harper and Jasper had set up photos at Santa Anita with Dak.  Harper's parents still didn't know about her and Jasper, at least she hadn't told them anyways.

Harper wore a red dress, and her cardigan and leggings matched.  They were white with silver glitters.  She had her hair half up and half down, a silver ribbon tied in a bow around the pony tail.

Jasper on the other hand dressed in blue jeans and a red hoodie, and a black beanie.

Dak was holding a piece of mistletoe, and Harper held a carrot for him as Jasper held his lead rope.  A Santa hat was also put on the colt.

The pictures came and went, and finally, Harper was back at her house.  Jasper was there as well, and he had something planned for her.  Yet again, his parents were at work, so he was invited over for Christmas.

All the presents were soon opened, and finally, Jasper handed Harper a small bow with a bow tied around it.  She looked at him, before he and her parents nodded towards her.

Her parents were in on this?

She untied the bow, and it went tumbling to the ground.  She nearly unwrapped it, then opened the box to reveal a ring.

She looked at him, dumbfounded, and her parents looked at her with a smile.

"It's a promise ring," Jasper said.  "I promise that you're the only one that I want to be with.  I promise that it will always be you.  That I'll never change my mind.  Your parents talked me into it and helped me put together the money for it.  I let them know about us after Thanksgiving.  I wanted it to be the best one possible, so they helped me."

Harper looked at him, smile across her face.  "It's beautiful."

She didn't even notice her dad had gotten up until she heard his voice after he had sat back down.

"Look above y'all," was all he said.

They both looked up, and above them was some mistletoe. 

"You guys know what happens under mistletoe, right?" Harper's mom asked.

Harper blushed, embarrassed at that moment, but her and Jasper leaned in towards one another and their lips met each other's in a kiss.  When they pulled apart, Harper took the ring and put it on her finger.

This was quite an all right Christmas.