6- Death Bed

Jacks POV

On Monday morning, Alexis and I both have math together. She's usually here early and waits for me at her locker, but today she was extremely late.

The bell rung and I looked around for her but I couldn't see her. Maybe she was already in class.

But she wasn't.

I guess maybe she just had a sick day.

Worried about my girlfriend, after school I drove the short drive to her house and walked through the door.

I walked up the stairs and knocked softly on her door.

But no one was home.

I called her cell but she never picked up.

Panicking, I drove home.

"Mum. Mum, have you heard from Alexis today? At all?" I asked, running through the door.

"Not from Alexis sweetie." She replied. "Why? What's wrong?"

"She wasn't at school. She's not at home and she's not answering her phone." I said frantically.

"Jack, honey, calm down. It's probably nothing, she's probably just out with her dad and has her phone turned off."

I nodded and walked upstairs, contemplating whether I should call her again when my phone rang.

I answered it with no hesitation seeing her name.

"Alexis. You weren't at school." I said, flopping down onto my bed, smiling.

"Jack." Her voice cracked and it sounded like she'd been crying. My smiled faded and worry washed over me once again.

"Babe? What's wrong? Are you ok?"

"Jack, I'm at the hospital." She replied, I heard voices in the background and the steady beep of heart rate monitor.

"What happened? Are you hurt?" I stood up from my bed, pulling on my jacket and shoes.

"My dad- he- he had a heart attack. They said he won't make it through the night."

______________________________________

Ha! Just when you thought everyone was okay!

Quick question:

Do you want a third book?

It would be the last, but if you do want it I'll start planning.

- Taylor x