Chapter 4

"What?! Hikaru's missing?!" Kariya's loud shout echoes in the clubroom and the others winces at the loudness of the teal head's voice.

Their coach nodded, a frown on his face. "Unfortunately yes. Hikaru's guardian called me last night, asking me if I saw Hikaru because he isn't home yet." Endou sighed. "Just this morning, they called me again, telling me that Hikaru's still not home. They already called the police. They already deemed him as missing."

Panic rises in Kariya's system and his heart hammers on hus chest. "W-what if he jusyt went somewhere? W-what if he just failed to contact his guardian? What if—" He cutted his own words, not thinking of other reasons why the other is missing.

The teal head sags down and if not for Kirino, who supported him, he would already be laying on the ground below.

H-Hikaru's missing?! Impossible!! That cannot be! I have yet to confess and now he is missing... Kariya thought, his heart racing with worry and fear for the missing forward.

He was brought out of his thoughts when a hand is placed on his shoulder. "Kariya, I'm sorry..." The voice of his senpai is full of sadness and regret, but what is there to make him regret? Unless he had something to do with Hikaru's sudden disappearance—

No. I shouldn't think of Kirino-senpai like that. He had been by my side for so long, so how can he do such a thing?

"No. It's not your fault Kirino-senpai."

Meanwhile, back to our dearest captain, Tenma's eyes are wide, his mind still processing the words their coach just told them.

Aoi and Shinsuke looked at him worriedly while Tsurugi stood beside him. The brunet can feel the striker's eyes on him and he turned to him, his usual grey eyes that was full of happiness is now downcast, a shadow of sadness flashing in his eyes.

"I hope Hikaru's doing fine.."

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hikaru opened his eyes, only to find himself tied in a chair, his hands on his back and a gag on his mouth.

His head throbbed in pain and all of a sudden, the gag on his mouth is gone and a pill of aspirin is forcefully shoved into his mouth, together with a large amount of water. The forward choked but still gulped down the vile acid down his throat then the blindfold is already gone too. Hikaru took a look at his surroundings but a what he could see is pitch black but he still looked around nonetheless, hoping to finding even a little light.

A familiar motto of his friend flashed through his mind and he slightly smiled. Everything will work out somehow..yeah. Everything will work out somehow, He thought repeatedly.

Suddenly, he heard faint footsteps and Hikaru glared into the darkness, in nowhere in particular. The man in the shadows caught sight of the glare and laughed evilly. The forward shivered but kept the glare that is on his face.