Chapter 5

"How is he?" A guy sitting on a regal looking chair said, staring directly at Kageyama. His face wans't seen in the dark but Kageyama could only imagine the other as emotionless or serious.

"He looks just fine a while ago. He must've slept by now." He monotonously said, indicating he used sleeping drugs on his nephew. The adult could see the young man nod. "I've been meaning to ask you this, if you're not bothered. Why are you even helping me? You even kidnapped your own nephew just to support me."

Kageyama already saw this question coming so he wasn't that surprised when the other asked him this. "Compared to that Kariya boy, you're finer and better for Hikaru. That's why I support you." He spat out the word 'Kariya' with so much venom that made the other secretly wonder why the hell Kageyama loathed the boy to the point that even mentioning his name makes him angry.

"I'm glad to know you are on my side Kageyama-san." The teen looked at his wrist where his watch resides and frowned. "It seems like I'm bothering you much. We'll see each ogher next time." He bowed down low and the older male nodded. "Take care of Hikaru for me." At this statement, the person in the dark unconsciously softened his eyes and this was not missed by Kageyama.

"Of course. Trust me that I will do." Satisfied with the other's words, Kageyama left without a second glance. He knew that the other will take care of his nephew properly, unlike a certain someone.

For now, he can be slightly relieved. For now. It's not long lived. Knowing the Raimon team and coach, they won't stop finding Hikaru. He just knows it. Unless something bad happens...

Meanwhile, the unknown person that was previously talking to the villain man smirked in the dark, fiddling with a pair of golden rings in his hands.

Soon, Hikaru. Soon you'll be mine...

*****×*****

"WHAT?!" Endou screamed on the top of his lungs and the one on the other line of the phone flinches. Gouenji looked at him in alarm. "I'll go there right now." He said with voice full of strictness and authority and hang up.

Before his lover could even strike up a conversation, the other already sped off, leaving Gouenji in the restaurant. He's shocked at first by his lover's actions but the Ex-Emperor quickly paid the bill and ran after Endou.

Meanwhile, Endou kept on thinking about what the 3rd year goalkeeper said on the phone

"Coach...."

"........Kurumada's found dead in the locker rooms."

"WHAT?!"

Their conversation kept on playing on his mind over and over again. Kurumada is dead? Who would do such a thing?! The boy is so young! He could've had a bright future ahead of him!

Slowly, Endou began blaming himself. If I could've been there, surely this won't happen. If I were there, Kururmada wouldn't have to die. If only I was there— but I wasn't. Hikaru's missing and now Kurumada's found dead!

Soon, they were already in front of the school and they were greeted by the sound of sirens of the ambulance and of the police. Endou hurriedly walked past them. He will deal with them later on but for now, his players' safety is the top priority. Their safety? One is missing and now one already died! Is that what you call the TOP PRIORITY?!

The hallways to the locker rooms is filled with gossiping students and teachers and investigating police officers. Ah, it was normal that it will be packed because of the police but why are the students still here? As if on cue, the speakers on the hallways were instantly on and their principal's voice were heard.