||Azrael||

I hear her heartbeat pick up when I say my name

I hear her heartbeat pick up when I say my name. The clear thumps pounding within her small, delicate frame.

The girl in front of me is petite and soft, with silver eyes that gleamed of innocence.

Her skin is warm, a comforting warmth that settles the raging emotions that so often pull me under. Seeing her, touching her, smelling her— it made me feel something other than my usual anger. I felt calm. 

At first, I thought this was a joke. Ronan liked to play tricks on me, taunt me with things that I wanted and craved, but could never have.

I was so sure that this was one of those moments. How cruel of him to deliver a breathtaking beauty, a sweet little thing that felt perfect in my hands.

But her scent...there was no mistaking it. An infatuating aroma that muddled my thoughts, making my daemon go mad with lust.

There was no witch he could find to mimic this.

My daemon is usually silent, quiet and looming in the background. He's worse than me when it comes to controlling emotions. I don't like to give people the satisfaction of knowing how I feel but he seems to feed off of it.

I was shocked when he pressed for control. I was pushed aside, made to sit back and watch as he took over my senses. My stomach flipped as he claimed her and that's when I knew that this was no joke.

The small girl with wild, pink curls and soft brown skin that shone with glitter is mine. My soul, my other half— my mate.

"N-nice to meet you Azrael"

My head tilted down in surprise at her words, and I wasn't sure if I was more transfixed on her smooth, gentle tone or her full pink lips from which she spoke.

She looked up at me curiously, her grey eyes so wide and wonder filled they made me swallow under her scrutiny.

I simply stared at her, still coming to terms with the fact that I was standing in front of my forever. I assume she perceived my silence as dismal though, as her smile dimmed when I didn't respond to her statement.

My daemon snarled at my cold demeanour but I snarled right back at his attitude. Resisting the urge to  roll my eyes at his lack of control, I redirected my focus to the delicate little girl in front of me.

"I apologize for our initial...introduction. I admit that you caught me off guard..."

My words seemed to have her fidgeting and blushing but then I realize that my close proximity was probably starting to overwhelm the little thing.