{ 1. s i c k }

SO since we're in a global pandemic, i thought, yknow what? why not make a character sick? I AM THE MELON LORD >:D mwhahahahhahahhahsh 

(but not with the coronavirus, just minor pneumonia  :)

Enjoy!~

~Jinora's POV~ 

It was rainy season on Air Temple Island, meaning not really any flying through the sky, training outdoors, or riding on flying bison.

I turned my focus back to my book and sat there, enjoying the sound of rain hitting the roof.

Blis-

"I'm bored!" 

Apparently, my extremely ADHD boyfriend had a different opinion. 

"I'm sorry, Kai, we can't do outside. It's about to start storming really badly." 

"So? A little rain isn't gonna stop a master airbender, right?" 

"What is that supposed to mean?" I said, putting a bookmark in my book and setting it down. 

"I mean, a lot of other master  airbenders would've had absolutely no problem going out in the rain, flying, and whatnot." He said, examining his nails as if he were a high-class model. I internally laugh.  

"Kai, I know what you're-" I got cut off by Kai saying,

"No, no, it's cool. Just accept that some rain stopped a alleged 'master' airbender from flying. That's fine with me." He said, smirking.

"Fine! I'll go outside with you, are you happy?" I said, getting up.

"YAY! By the way, I didn't mean all that stuff. You are an awesome master airbender" With that, he grabbed my hand and led me outside.

~~~~Time skip brought to you by Queen Pema :) ~~~~

After an hour or so playing in the rain, which I actually enjoyed. 

We were headed back in when Kai had a huge coughing fit.

"Are you okay?" 

"Yea, I'm perfectly fine."

After we had both changed into something much more warm, we met back at my room and sat down. 

During our conversation about our bison, Lefty and Pepper, I noticed Kai kept on shaking, like you do when you get the chills. 

"Seriously Kai, are you okay?" I asked.

Kai responded with a laugh, "Yes, I'm fine, Jin, you can stop worrying about me."

They then kept on the conversation. Whilst Kai was in a super long rant about how Lefty kept on finding peoples' shoes and eating them, I was making notes in my head. Notes about how he was behaving. Me and my encyclopedia-like brain knew something was up. I scanned through all the sicknesses I'd read about and had come to a conclusion. I just needed one final conclusion....

I knew with every case of Pneumonia, there was a fever. 

I said, "Hey, how about read your favorite book?" While getting up and 'accidentally' slapping him in the forehead. 

"Ow!" 

"Sorry I didn't mean to! Now let me find the book." She out her hand up to her cheek and her hypothesis rang true. 

"AHA! You do have pneumonia!" 

"What?" 

"You have a case of pneumonia, mister sir." 

I then grabbed his arm and practically dragged him into his room, in the boys' sleeping area. I laid him on the bed and felt of his forehead. He felt really warm, so I told him,

"Okay, Kai, promise me you'll stay here while a go get you a rag."

"Hmmm... What are you willing to bargain my patience for?" He said, his right eyebrow going up, like how the mover stars did it when making a deal. 

I should really stop taking him to see them. 

"How about... after your fever is gone.. you get a free cuddle session." I said with minor finality. 

"I usually get those for free all the time.. but deal." 

Then I left to go get him a rag. 

~~~ Time skip brought to you by Angry Tenzin (TM)~~~

When I arrived at the cafeteria to wet the rag I had gotten out of the supply closet, my mom, Pema, came up to me. 

"Hey sweetie! I haven't seen you all day!"

With a laugh, I said, "Hey mom, and I've been hanging out with Kai, BUTTTT of course he had to get sick when we went outside."

"Oh no! Is he alright?" (#PemaCompassion) 

"Yea, he's fine. I'm grabbing him a rag to put on his head." 

"Okay, sweetie! I'll see you later! I left Rohan with Ikki and Meelo, so I've gotta run!" 

"Bye!" I said as she ran out of the room. 

~~~Back to our sick bby~~~

"Okay, Kai, you have to keep this on your head." I said, placing it on his forehead.

"This feels weird!" He whined.

"Well, sorry." 

He threw the covers up to his chin and turned around so his back was facing me, making sure to keep the rag balanced. 

"No cuddles for you I guess..." I said, walking off.

"WaitnoI'mjustkidding!" He said quickly, turning to face me. He pulled the covers down and patted the area next to him.

I laid down next to the sickly bean and he put is arm around my waist causing me to have to put my head on his chest.

We laid like that forever 

until I started to drift off....

Bliss.

I hope you enjoyed! This was really long for my first one with a whopping about 805 words! 

If you want to see anything, make requests, etc. just comment about it! 

Stay safe, 

xoxo,

Addi <3