{ 2. S n o w F i g h t}

Sorry this took so long. My computer LOVES to be slow and I've been trying to catch up at school since I've been quarantined. 

But, HAPPY HALLOWEEN! (Also happy birthday to my mom!) 

So, I'm just gonna get right into the story now :)

~~Brought to you by Mako's Scarf (TM)~~

(future me: i was gonna call this chapter, 'being really cute except snow and kids ruin everything'. 

you're welcome.)

Kai's POV

I shivered. Gosh, I hated the cold. Whenever I was living on the streets, the cold weather was basically your enemy. I guess ever since that time, I've always hated it. 

I got up out of bed and got dressed. Because it was winter, I had to put on extra layers like a sweatshirt and sweatpants. I grabbed my beanie and walked outside. 

Since we're kinda up north, we always get snow on Air Temple Island. (even though we're surrounded by water >:( . )

I trudged out through the snow across the courtyard. I was headed toward the cafeteria, just to get some hot chocolate because I was FREEZING! 

When I walked through the door, and took off my beanie, I went to the actual kitchen area to make me a mug of warm, chocolate-y, deliciou-

"Ikki! Stop using your air bending to throw snow at me!" 

"Well I would, If Jinora stopped being annoying and so above it all!"

"I literally have nothing  to do with this, Ikki." 

Ah. Three of my favorite air benders. 

They walk in, still carrying on their conversation, pretty much shouting at each other. Except for Jinora. She's looking straight at me with a 'help me please, my siblings are about to kill one another and Pema put me in charge of them' look on her face. 

What? I know my girlfriend very well. 

I walk over and say to the younger siblings,

"May I ask what the problem is?"

"Meelo threw a snowball at me!" 

"Ikki started it!"

"No, I did not!"

"UH-HUH!" 

"Okay, okay, how about we forget that ever happened *zoomp*  and later.." I looked at Jinora, then motioned for Ikki and Meelo to come closer, then whispered, "Later, we can start a HUGE snowball fight during your dad's lesson." 

The two chuckled, then put their hands up to form a military salute, and once Kai followed suit, they walked out, already making plans for later.

"What did you tell them?" 

"Nothing." 

"My dad has it coming for him, doesn't he?" 

"Yep!" I said, walking back to my mug to make me hot chocolate. 

"Whatcha making?" 

"Hot chocolate. Want some?"

"Thought you'd never ask." She said, smiling.

We carried on conversation about anything from flying bison, to the book Jinora is currently reading (which I did not appreciate her thinking one of the protagonists is really good-looking).

When we had finished our hot chocolate, it was almost time for a lesson with Tenzin. I told Jinora,

"I gotta go use the bathroom! Cya there!" 

She looked skeptical, but said, "Okay, cya."

The second she got out of sight, it was go-time. I created an air-scooter (for a sec i forgot they could air bend, so i had him run. then i was like, wait what?) and went as fast as I could. 

I finally found Ikki and Meelo and called their names. When they turned around, they ran up to me and Ikki said, "We have the plan." 

They then explained what we'd be doing. Then Meelo, being... well Meelo, said, "Those suckers won't know what hit 'em." 

Then, it was time for the attack.

~~A small time skip brought to you by Opal and Jinora's Friendship.~~

(SERIOUSLY, THEY ARE SUCH GOOD FRIENDS AND THEIR FRIENDSHIP IS SO UNDERRATED- anyways..) 

"And so, Avatar Aang, with the help of Sokka, Katara, Toph, and Zuko..."

Gosh. Waiting for the signal from Meelo is so boring. I've practically heard Aang's life story. I'm not complaining, because Aang was really cool, and the fights are awesome. Toph sounds a lot like me, Katara could BLOODBEND,  Sokka: 1. A SWORD? that's so cool. 2. got all the ladies.

So yea.

A whistle came from the distance. There's my cue. I raise my hand.

Tenzin sighed. "Yes, Kai."

"I just wanted to ask, don't air benders have to be ready for anything?" 

"Yes, Kai, air benders have to be ready for any-"

A snowball went straight into his face. 

Everybody in the courtyard started to laugh. Even Jinora.

Then another one came down and hit Bumi in the back of the head. He stood up and said,

"Like the time I fought a whole army of platypus-bears, THIS IS WARRRR!"

He grabbed a bunch of snow and started throwing it at people. Everybody seemed to follow suit. 

I looked over at Jinora, who was making a wall of snow to hide behind. I came up started to help. Once we were done, I grabbed a pile of snow and started patting them into round balls. 

"I've never had a snowball fight before. Even less a master airbender." I told her, while making the snowballs. 

"Well, there's a first time for everything." She said, smiling and then grabbed some snowballs and started throwing. 

Maybe winter wasn't so bad after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed another winter-themed oneshot! Don't worry, they won't all be winter (maybe)

If you want to make recommendations, please comment! (i need some inspo) 

Happy Halloween and be safe!

xoxo,

Addi <3

Words: 881