Chapter 1

Note: Ages of the characters may be different in this AU. Also, I am still working on my Defendants story. I wrote this entire story a while ago and thought I should start posting it since it was already written (At least book 1. This is a pretty long series planned). Enjoy!

Oh, I didn't make the video either, so credit is due to them!

◇◇◇◇◇◇

Cassandra rolled over in her bed. Light slammed into her face as the movement shook the covers off her face. She sighed, knowing that it was high time she made herself get up. Start the day at seven o'clock sharp, and race to see how much she could do by eight in the morning. As much of an annoyance it was when first getting up, it was actually more like a game she created as kids with the help of Rapunzel. It helped make the chores go quicker.

"Morning, Raps. I guess it's time we get up," the girl sat up as she stretched her arms.

There was another bed over to her left, by the door. A sixteen year old with long, blonde hair slowly stirred, groaning. Looking at them, you couldn't tell that they were sisters. Cassandra had a clear face with pale skin, short, curly black hair, and hazel eyes. The other girl, Rapunzel, had large green eyes and a freckled face.

Their personalities were quite different as well. Cassandra was more a hermit crab that liked to go within her hard shell. However, she was very affectionate to her family and she did not mind showing it when needed. Rapunzel, on the other hand, was a very sweet, outgoing, and always ready to give a hug. She never hid anything, apart from their mother, that is. She wasn't the type to just haul up in a shell and be a stone.

"Morning, Cass," the girl mumbled. It was difficult to not be grumpy in the mornings, but Rapunzel was the best of any of them at keeping a smile on her face. The only frowns she liked seeing were the ones that were upside down.

The two sisters dressed. Cassandra wore a light blue dress, while Rapunzel's was a lavender. They quietly went down the stairs, seeing their mother was already putting on her dark blue cloak.

"Ah, girls," she smiled. "I'll be back in a bit. You run the place while I'm gone. Cassandra, you know the drills."

"Yes, mother," the sisters nodded.

"Goodbye, dears. Mother loves you very much."

"We love you more," they chimed.

"Well, I love you most," their mother gave them a smile as Rapunzel readied her hair. With Cassandra's help, the two lowered their mother to the forbidden ground. They waved and smiled.

Once their mother was out of sight, Rapunzel picked up a chameleon that was hidden in a flower pot. "Alright, Pascal! I think Varian's sleeping in again. You know what to do!"

The green reptile gave her a salute. He climbed down to the floor and went to the trap door on the floor. It was cracked open. He slid through very easily. Within a second, he was on the fourteen year old's desk. The boy had obviously stayed up past his curfew reading some sort of alchemy book. He was still in his chair, head in his arms on top of the open text. His bed was untouched.

Pascal came closer. Without a second thought, he struck his long tongue out and it landed in the boy's ear. Immediately, Varian jolted awake with a cry. "Agh! Pascal! How many times have I told you not to wake me up like that?"

"C'mon sleepy head!" he heard Cassandra call. "Mother's already left. We got another day to start!"

"Right! Be right there," Varian replied. Picked up the lizard. "You know, you are one lucky frog."