Chapter 10

Ok, yeah, I know that meme is probably cheesy or something, but I just wanted to make it.  I've got no where else to show it, so I minus well put it on Wattpad.  Sorry, it has nothing to do with this chapter.  Anyways, please enjoy!

◇◇◇◇◇◇

"You coming guys?"  Rider and Lance were almost at the bottom of the tower.

"Ready?"  Rapunzel asked.

Pascal tied himself with her hair and gave her a thumbs up.  She chuckled.  Varian put on his brave face.  "I'm ready as I'll ever be."

"Then what are we waiting for?"  Cassandra asked.

"Absolutely nothing!"  Rapunzel leapt out the window and her two siblings followed right after her.  They reached the bottom.  They let go of Rapunzel's hair and felt the grass between their toes.  Rapunzel laughed.

R:Just smell the grass, the dirt
Just like I dreamed they'd be

Rapunzel laid down on the grass, watching dandelion seeds lift into the air.

C:Just feel that summer breeze
The way it's calling me

The breeze blew through Cassandra's short, black hair.  She closed her eyes, taking in the wonder of the new world around her.  It was better than she remembered.

V:It's like for the first time ever
We're completely free!

Varian was standing in a pool of water.  He cupped some of it and threw it into the air, smiling widely.  He never truly realized just how much he wanted this.  The three siblings joined each other and grinned at each other as they began to run towards the cave that would be their exit.

C:We could go running
V:And racing
R:And dancing
C:And chasing
R:And leaping
V:And bounding
R:Hair flying
C:Heart pounding
V:And splashing
All 3:And reeling
And finally feeling
That's when our lives begin!

"I can't believe we did this.  I can't believe we did this!"  Rapunzel gave a squeal of delight.

"Mother will kill us if she finds out,"  Varian said suddenly as the thought struck him.

"I mean she doesn't know, and it shouldn't kill her, right?"  Rapunzel looked at Cassandra.  Her sister didn't answer.

"Oh, my gosh!"  Varian whispered in horror.  "This would kill her."

"But this is so fun!"  Rapunzel reasoned then her face fell.  "I feel like a horrible daughter…  should… should we go back?"

Both her and Varian looked to their older sister for help, but she was gone.  They spun around to find her rolling down a hill.  "I am never going back!  Whoohoo!"  she explained.

Rapunzel laughed.  "Come on, Varian!  This will be the best day ever!"

~~~~~~~~~~

They didn't make it far through the trip before they took a small break.  The siblings weren't exactly used to hiking, nor were they very accustomed to the air that was thicker on the ground.