Rescuing Dick

Zandra's Pov

I sat in the library reading a book or at least trying to. Since I met Dick, all I could think about how sad he must be. After all, he knows no one in his new home and they got there five days ago. I sat down my book with a loud thud and walked out of the library. I stormed towards my Daddy's study and threw open the doors. I did the code into the Batcave and walked down the steep steps. "DADDY," I shouted gaining my dad's attention. "Hey princess what's up?" Daddy asked. "I want to bring Dick to our house," I stated boldly. "You know what princess I was thinking the same thing. Let's go get him and I will file out the paperwork, but first, we need to figure out where he is." Daddy announced. "YAY." I cheered happily. "Now let's rescue Dicky." I added.

Time skip

"This is not what I had in mind," I mumbled as I stared up terrifyingly at the massive prison. The building was made of pure concrete and had barbwire surrounding the entire prison. "I can't believe they sent a child here." I dad growled. "Quit agreed Master Bruce," Alfred said. My fist tightened as we entered the building. "Zandra go sit down." My dad commanded as he walked to the front desk. "I am here to adopt Richard Greyson." My dad said. The women at the front gave him an odd look. "Fine." She mumbled. She pressed a button and spoke into the microphone. "Send Greyson down. Someone is here to adopt him." The women growled.

Dick's pov

I sat silently on the bottom bunk trying not to breathe as my cellmate slept. Suddenly a guard flung open the cell door. "Greyson let's go." The guard snapped. I tumbled out of bed and silently rushed out of the cell. "Move it Gyps." The guard hissed as he shoved me. I tumbled to the floor from his force. "Get up unless you don't want to get adopted." He growled. "Adopted?" I asked shakily. "Yeah now move it." He snapped. I quickly picked myself and walked in front of the guard. "Alright here is your shit Greyson. Now go to the lobby." The guard hissed. I nodded my head and walked towards the lobby. There I saw a man in a suit shouting at a woman. Who seemed ashamed. I stayed behind the corner so I could listen in on the conversation. "Why would you place him here. He just watched his parents get murdered. That last thing he needed was this." The man growled. "Well, he could have murdered them himself." The woman replied. "How could you even think that." The name snarled. "Daddy I hate this woman." A girl's voice said. Suddenly I remembered that voice. It was Zandra's voice. I peered around the corner to look at her. She was wearing blue jeans and a sweater. Her blue eyes snapped towards me as she saw me. "DICK." She shouted happily. I smiled at her and stepped forward. She ran at me and wrapped her arms around in a tight hug. "Are you okay?" She asked as she saw my many bruises and cuts. "Yeah, I am fine." I sighed. "You don't look like it. Come on I will carry your bags." She stated as she flung the backpack across her back. "Thanks," I mumbled. "Don't worry those idiots can't hurt you anymore." She whispered. "Why is Mr.Wayne upset?" I whispered. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME." She screeched. The adults turned to look at us. "You look like haven't eaten in a week, you have been beaten, and you look like you crawled out of hell." She stated. I stared at her blankly. "Yeah, it is clear that he has been beaten." Mr. Wayne said. "Guys it's okay it's not a big deal," I muttered quietly. I looked down as I felt her eyes stare at me. I heard Mr.Wayne's footsteps walk towards me. I turned my head expecting to get hit. Suddenly I felt his hand lay on my shoulder. I flinched and released an unintentional whimper. I looked in horror at Mr.Wayne. His face held pain and anger, but it was not at me. "Let's get you home okay chum?" Mr.Wayne voiced. I nodded my head in agreement. Zandra walked up to me and offered her hand. I took it and we walked out hand in hand. We hopped into the car and drove off. I felt the movement rock me back and forth. Slowly my eyes drifted shut and I fell asleep.

Zandra's pov

I looked over at Dick who was leaning against my dad. "Daddy Dick looks so tired," I stated as I looked down at him. Daddy look at Dick who was sleeping peacefully and smiled lightly. "Yes, honey he is very tired." Daddy whispered. I nodded my head and looked out the window silently. We arrived home soon and I grabbed his bag. Daddy silently picked him up and walked outside. We walked to his room and laid him down on the bed. I set his bag down onto the floor next to his dresser and quickly walked out of his room behind daddy. As soon as daddy shut his door, I whipped around to face him. "Is Dick going to learn martial arts with me?" I ask brightly-faced. "No Zandra, he needs time to recover." Daddy answered. "But DAAA." I began. "I said no Zandra." Daddy replied sternly. I lowered my head and nodded. Daddy left me in the hallway alone and I knew from that moment on. I was going to train Dick whether daddy likes it or not.