Heartache

Name: Zandra Wayne
Weight: 109
Age: 23
Height: 5'7
Abilities: Master in ninjutsu, Taekwondo, Arnis, Laido, Kendo, Bojutsu, Kyusho Jitsu, boxing, Kyūdō, Dim Mak, Krav Maga, Muay Thai, Vale Tudo, Gun Fu, and Silat

Dicks pov
3 hours later

I started looking into outer-space when I heard soft footsteps behind me. "Hey, Artemis." I stated flatly. "Hey, Dick." Artemis said softly as she sat down next to me. "Would you like to tell me what's wrong?" She asked. I sighed and tried to keep myself together. "Do you remember Viper?" I questioned. "Yeah, I do." She said with curiosity in her voice. "Well, it turns out that she is my childhood best friend and my first girlfriend." I stated. Artemis looked shocked but quickly pulled herself together. "What happened was the league of shadows kidnaped her and tortured her. They erased her memory and then to make sure she couldn't tell anyone any information they sewed her mouth shut." I said sadly. I saw tears begin to collect in her eyes, but she made sure they never fell. "When she woke up she didn't remember hardly anything and what she did remember hurt her. Meghan and I helped her remember her life and then a few months later we were dating. I love her so much Artemis and if anything happened to her I don't think I could make it." I sighed. "Dick she will be okay." Artemis proclaimed. Just then Superman came into the room. "Dick I am sorry." Superman said quietly. I didn't bother looking at him as anger swarmed through me. "I should have responded sooner and if I did then Zandra would be okay." Superman said with guilt lacing his voice. "She is ready for visitors." Martian Manhunter said as she appeared from the hallway. I walked around Superman not bothering to look him in the eyes and began to go to the med bay. I saw Damian, Jason, Tim, and Bruce all go to the door. "Hey replacement, we aren't as close as Damian, B, or Dick. Let's let them go in." Jason proclaimed. Tim nodded his head in reply and they stepped aside. We walked into the room to see Black Canary standing above Zandra. Who had a ventilator in her nose and mouth. I looked at her and realized something was missing. "We tried to save it, but the skin, muscle, nerves, and the bones were just completely gone. I am sorry." Black Canary said sadly. "J'onn was able to heal the skin where it used to be, but it's gone. I saw Damian stagger backward and then he collapsed to his knees. "This is my fault, if I would have been more observant then this wouldn't have happened." Damian stated. "No Damian don't think that. Zandra loves you and she didn't want anything to happen to you. So please don't blame yourself." I begged. "She is MISSING AN ARM." Damian shouted. "How can I not blame myself." He added. I said nothing and looked down. "She is also in a coma. She could wake up now, tomorrow, next week, next month, or next year. We don't know." Black Canary informed us. I felt devoid of any emotions as her words echoed in my mind. "So she could potentially never wake up?" Bruce asked. "Yes." Canary confirmed. I felt my feet tremble as I collapsed to the ground. The world spun around me as I felt Bruce's arm wrap around me. "Pathetic Justice League." Damian grumbled. "My sister is gone because you people couldn't make time to save the world. Isn't that the cause you say you fight for, To defend those who can't? Well, my sister couldn't defend herself against Darkside, but yet you left her to die." Damian shouted angrily. He stormed out of the room and Dinah looked at Bruce. "I wasn't told about the invasion." She said. Bruce gave her and anger filled glare. A glare that beat the batglare 100 percent. "Keep this in mind Dinah. I fund the Justice League completely and if I feel like it is no longer functioning as it should be. I will have no problem disassembling it." Bruce growled. He stormed out of the room with Damian in toe. "Di." Dinah started. "Don't." I growled as I picked myself up. "I am." She began again. "I said don't." I growled more menacingly. I stormed out of the room to hear Jason shouting at the Boy Scout himself. "YOU HAVE SUPER HEARING, BUT YOU COULDNT HEAR AN ALIEN FUCKING INVASION." Jason shouted. "YOU ARE THE FASTEST MAN ALIVE, BUT YOU COULDNT GET TO A CITY THAT IS FOUR HOURS AWAY BY CAR!" Jason shouted at the Flash. "YOU ARE ALL GO FOR NOTHING HEROS." He screamed as he whipped his gun and shot it at Superman. "You just shot me." Superman said shocked. "I was hoping those were my Kryptonite bullets." Jason grumbled. "What the hell Bruce?" Diana exclaimed. "I am not stopping him, I just got my daughter back and now she may never wake up." Batman growled. I glared at the heroes and stormed back to Zandra's room. Unlike the rest of the tower. Her room was quiet. A wave of emotions hit me as I sat down in a chair. "Please be okay." I pleaded.