Chaos and Survival

People kept on screaming at each other, some even punching others as insults and threats went on. No one noticed a woman collecting food and goods. Going around like a shadow and the closer she got to an area, the chaos and discord only seemed to grow. 

"What a bunch of idiots." You said as you were finally done with your usual "shopping spree".

Walking away you reached a large, luxurious mansion. Inside were not one but five children from a marriage that had gone horribly wrong. You hadn't married out of love, you had simply decided to settle down and live as peacefully as possible after you got exiled from your realm to this one. He had been a rich merchant and had built a huge and impressive mansion for him, his concubines and his children. When you entered as a new addition to the harem, you made the concubines fight each other and most of the killed each other. Those that survived turned against the merchant and killed him, blaiming him for the tragedy and soon they were imprisoned, leaving you as head of the household.

THE MANSION:

Being the daughter of the godess Eris was anything but a good thing most of the time

Being the daughter of the godess Eris was anything but a good thing most of the time. She had a really bad reputation and thanks to the way she raised you, you had been an even more dangerous copy of her despite being only a demigod. With schemes that could make even Zeus turn against both of his brothers.... yeah, that didn't end up well for you, which was why your mother sent you to this realm and ordered you never to return.

Opening the door, you sighed, since you weren't sure how to do the work of your dead husband you had decided to settle on raising your stepchildren and letting one of them take over when the time was right. Most of the servants that had been allied with the other concubines were kicked out, it was important that no one would do anything to challenge your authority.

"Mother! Mother is back, guys!!!" A female voice said and you looked ahead as a twelve year old girl came running towards you. She was the youngest of the children, her name was Aya and she was the first of the children to open up to you after you gifted her a diamond bracelet and told her about how pretty her long, curly black hair were.

You fell in one knee and opened your arms in a warm hug. She giggled and looked at you with sparkling eyes... it would be impossible for such an innocent person to become the future head of the family but you still made sure to treat her with as much care and respect as her older siblings.

"You're here earlier than usual." Another voice said, this one coming from a fifteen year old boy, his name was Asad and he was the second son of your dead husband, behind him was his sixteen year old brother, Lahan. 

"There was a bit of a commotion going on. I couldn't stay for long or I risked getting hit by somone." You said with a small smile. Asad and Lahan were both extremely serious and carefull when dealing with people, you were no exception when you first entered this house. Asad had a short temper but that didn't make him stupid or careless in any way, Lahan was the exact opposite, it was nearly impossible to make him angry.

"This seems to be happening a lot." Lahan said and you nodded.

"This time it was because of a thief...he was caught in the act but he was also the son of another merchant, one thing led to another and well... the rest is easy to imagine." You said and Asad groaned annoyed.

"They are all idiots."

You couldn't argue with that, suddenly there was a knock on the door and you went ahead and opened, in front of you stood four guards from the palace. You blinked, confused as to why there were suddenly soldiers here.

"Can I help you?" You asked and they moved aside, letting a man come to the front. He was of average size with short white hair and black eyes, the freckles on his nose almost made you chuckle but you decided not to, probably for the best. You knew this man, he was one of king Sinbad's advisors as well as Sindria's Parliamentary official, Ja'far. He looked at you for a moment, his serious gaze and your playfull, almost arrogant gaze clashed with each other. Suddenly, he smiled and spoke in a friendly manner.

"Good morning, I am here for an inspection, ther were news that a thief is in the area." He said and you smirked.

"I am well aware. But that doesn't really explain the guards and one of the king's closest associates coming to the house of a merchant."

Ja'far thought that this woman was more than what she appeared, her pride and arrogance didn't match her calculating gaze, the tone of her voice showed more suspicion that arrogance. Her appearance wasn't bad either, she was young and pretty, with a figure that could be used as a trap for unsuspecting men. 

"We are only here to ensure that this thief isn't hiding in this house. We'll be gone as soon as we checked this place, I assure you, we mean no harm to you."

"To me and my children, you mean, sir." You said and Ja'far's eyes widen. You actually had children at such a young age?

"Yes, miss." He said and you stepped aside, letting the soldiers enter the house. You led Ja'far on a different room to sit and asked Lahan to get the rest of the children down here as well. Asad and Aya stayed with you while you decided to speak with your visitor.

"Please excuse me for the late introduction, my name is (Y/N). It's a pleasure to meet you." You said and Ja'far nodded, his smile remaining as he thought that your name suited you well.

"The pleasure is all mine, you can call me Ja'far."

"Then you can also call me (Y/N), after all it'd be unfair for me to act like I know you and not the opposite." 

Ja'far chuckled and decided that he liked your attitude and your personality, perhaps this could be the beginning of a long lasting friendship.