First Meeting and threats.

You finally finished placing all of your newly stolen items around the house. The children had gone out to play leaving only you in the house. Once you were done, you went to your bedroom and decided to relax and wait until it was dinner time. 

You began wondering if you could fool the king of Sindria, making him believe that you were a perfectly normal woman. You didn't want to seduce him, nor had any interest in a relationship. You didn't marry for love the first time and didn't plan on marrying for that reason in the future either. Love had caused a lot of trouble, starting with Zeus and his desire to have children with every single beautifull woman he met from any kingdom, even when ambassadors from other kingdoms arrived to various human cities, Zeus would look around in case there was a lovely woman among them, which also resulted in Hera doing the same but for vary different reasons.

And then there were the rest of the gods that weren't focused on their duties but on what hiding between a woman's thighs or if we're talking about a certain female goddess... well, people could already guess both who you were talking about and what she looked at when meeting a handsome man... and no, you weren't talking about the face.

"Honestly, I wonder how my relatives escaped as well." You said as you thought back to your siblings, the rest of Eris's children. Ponos (pain), Lithi (oblivion), Limos (plague), Orkos (oath), Ati(*), Mahes (battles), Fonos (murder) and Dysnomia (dysmenia). You were are all an odd bunch... to say the least. Then again, maybe that was the reason you all were allowed to wonder around and do what you each did best.

You shook your head, there wasn't a point in thinking about all that now. You had started a new life and had new goals you had to work for. Suddenly a servant came and informed you that the king of Sindria was here, at your house. Your eyes widen but you didn't panic, Ja'far had probably told him about Lahan and now the king wanted to meet the boy. You ordered them to prepare snacks and serve the king while some instructing the maids to bring you simple clothes, you wanted to show that you had no intention of impressing him through jewels and revealing clothing. When they returned, you quickly put on the clothes they brought and took a quick look in the mirror with a small smile. It wasn't bad and given that you had limited time, it was good enough.

THE OUTFIT:

After that you went downstairs, the servants took you to a room that had been mostly used for family gatherings between the women, it wasn't as impressive as some other rooms but given the situation, it was a good choice to bring Sinbad there

After that you went downstairs, the servants took you to a room that had been mostly used for family gatherings between the women, it wasn't as impressive as some other rooms but given the situation, it was a good choice to bring Sinbad there. You entered and looked around calmly, taking in the state of the room, it was in a good condition, given that it was cleaned daily or that you hadn't showed much interest in decorating it. 

THE ROOM:

Your gaze fell on the king as he was currently in the middle of charming two of your maids

Your gaze fell on the king as he was currently in the middle of charming two of your maids. You cleared your throat and the girls jumped in surprise before excusing themselves. Once they were gone, the king looked at you and smiled.

"Hey, nice to meet you." He said in an easy going tone. You approached and sat down a bit further than him. Showing a mild expression and talking in an equally mild tone.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, your majesty."

"Call me Sinbad, after all you're the one that managed to catch Ja'far's interest. That's not something many women can do."

"You speak as if I want a relationship with your general. For the record, your majesty, I recently became a widow and have no interest in anything other than my children and household." You said and he smilled, clearly entertained by your tone and words.

"I didn't mean it that way, however it's true that Ja'far doesn't pay attention to women a lot. He comes off as stiff and a bit boring."

"Boring people are usually the most dangerous and the harder to understand and fight against." You said and Sinbad seemed intrigued by that.

"Fight? I thought you and Ja'far were on friendly terms."

You could already see where this was going, Sinbad was testing you to see if you had a hidden agenda and planned to use Ja'far for whatever you were planning.

"It's not me that fights against them, unless of course you mean that you have no enemies, your majesty. And I wouldn't call my meeting with your friend friendly, we barely know each other. He saw a chance to test someone's potential and took it." 

Sinbad smiled as if hearing something extremely interesting, he could now understand why Ja'far was intrigued by you. You were indeed far more than what you showed, however that also meant that you could be someone dangerous that had to be kept under watch.

"You make a good point. But Ja'far thinks very well of you, a first meeting alone doesn't make a person have such a good opinion on someone."

"That is something you should discuss with your friend, your majesty. Not with me, what he knows is a matter I am not aware." You said calmly and Sinbad nodded. He stood up and decided to stop here for today, he knew not to push his luck too much. 

"You are correct about that but, miss (Name) you must remember, you don't know what Ja'far knows... and we don't know what exactly you know. Perhaps we'll get to know each other more in the future." 

And with that the king left the room, the warning and threat he threw however, stayed and you already knew what he meant with his last words. If you were involved in something that could be a threat to him, your fate and future wouldn't be a happy one.

"He's a sneaky bastard alright." You hissed and stood up, returning to your room as you decided to take some measures to ensure, nothing weird happened until you met the king again.