Invitation.

You and Ja'far kept on talking until all of the kids arrived. Ashad, Lahan, Aya came with remaining two siblings. A boy named Ashim who was fourteen years old and a sister named Sania who was thirteen. Ja'far asked about the children and you told him that you were actually their stepmother and that after a very weird series of drama, murder and madness, you and the kids were the only survivors from the entire family. You told him that you wanted to raise the children and make sure they led respectable lives each.

"You're quite the caring person." He said and you chuckled... ohhh if only he knew what you had done in the past.

"Thank you, since I never got the chance to have children of my own, I've decided to make sure that these kids are safe and loved." You said with a smile, wondering if he could see behind your facade. It wouldn't be easy, you had spent a lot of time pretending to be something that you were not. After all, if you wanted to be safe from the rest of Olympus, acting was a must, especially if you wanted to avoid Zeus and his hormones. 

"That's something truly honorable. But isn't it difficult all on your own?"

"It is but I have to try." You lied and Ja'far decided to assist in some small, definetely not personal way. 

"There will be a banquet at the palace in two days. Your eldest son, Lahan can become a member of the royal guard, he'll be payed well for his services and he can help you."

At the suggestion your eyes widen and you began wondering if this man was either plotting something or if he was genuinely concerned.

"Thank you but... will his majesty agree?"

"I'll talk to him, he might be a bit much but he isn't a bad man." Ja'far said and you hummed, you then turned to Lahan, making such an arrangement without asking him was a bad idea.

"What do you think Lahan? I can't force you to do something you might hate." You said and he seemed to be thinking about it for a moment. He looked at his siblings, then you and finally Ja'far.

"I'll be counting on you sir." He said and Ja'far nodded with a smile. 

Not long after the soldiers came and reported that nothing was wrong here and that they could leave immediately if Ja'far had no further buisness here.

" Then I will be seeing you in two days, (Y/N), Lahan." He said and as they left you decided to not go out for the next two days, keeping the peace and order would be essential in order for the preparations of the party to go on smoothly. Besides you had enough money and didn't have to worry about paying the servants, feeding the children and the slaves as well as keeping the house in a good condition.

"I don't like the old guy." Ashad said and Ashim looked at his brother confused.

"Old guy? He's very young Ashad."

"Shut up Ashim, you didn't see the look in his eyes when he looked at our mother." He said and you smiled, you recalled how long it took to have Ashad and Lahan call you mother. Sania, Aya and Ashim had warmed up to you from the moment they met you. 

"I don't plan on being in a relationship until at least you and Lahan are married or at least enganged." You said and Lahan cleared his throat.

"Anyway, how are we going to deal with people talking about our family trying to get close to the king."

You sighed and stood up, it wasn't really hard to make the fight with each other, nobles were always the same, no matter the land or in this case, dimension. However, since you were a demigod, your ability to cause chaos was limited to a few hours and you had to be a bit close by to make the argueing and fighting work.

"We can say that it is because of that so called thief that things turned out the way they did. Besides if I had to take a guess, a noble came up with this story to achieve what we achieved today."

At those words Lahan seemed to understand your train of thinking. He wasn't sure why people would say something so incredibly stupid but then again, he wasn't an idiot. 

"Then all we have to do is tell them that if someone hadn't come up with this bullshit, things wouldn't have turned out this way, right?" Ashad asked and Sania looked at her brother annoyed.

"Can you speak with a not so... raw vocabulary?"

"Now everyone, we shouldn't be arguing with each other. The last thing I want is for that horrible nightmare we lived to be replayed by us." You said and they all calmed down, clearly agreeing with your words. Aya looked at you and wondered if you had a family of your own and if so, what were they like?

"Mother, what about your family?" She asked and you looked at her surprised. No one had asked about your family ever since you came to this realm.

"They are dead, my mother was a mischievious woman and as for my father... well, I never met him. But I was told he died a few months after my birth." You said honestly, it wasn't really that you cared about them, dealing with gods and their drama kept you busy and entertained most of the time. 

"That sounds awfully lonely." Ashim said and you smiled at them.

"I have all of you with me, that is more than enough for me to be happy." You said and they all smiled, even Lahan and Ashad couldn't help but smile at your words. 

Meanwhile at the palace, Ja'far was thinking back at his meeting with you. Though you seemed like the typical woman who stayed at home, he could tell that you were anything but that. Your words, actions and attitude proved a cunning mind and a strong and confident woman. He liked that you had taken it upon yourself to become the guardian of your house and nurture children that weren't even your own. Many women he had met were either too innocent, too cunning or too arrogant. Some of them were horrible, ugly and selfish beings who desired power and wealth, without caring about others wether they were related to them or not.

"What's wrong Ja'far, it's unusual for you to be so distracted."

Looking backwards he saw Sinbad and suddenly he began to worry, Sinbad was a giant flirt, he wasn't sure that things would go well if he allowd Sinbad to meet you along with Lahan.

"I just met a very interesting person today."

"Oh? Who?"

"She's a very smart and strong woman. I suggested having her eldest son here as a member of the royal guard."

Sinbad raised an eyebrow, it wasn't exactly something that happened in a daily basis, Ja'far taking an interest to a woman? Now that was something he had to see.

"I would like to meet her, it seems she left a good impression on you."

"Sin, don't think of making any sort of advance on her. She's smart and I really don't want her to think that I'm sending her to you as something to play with."

"Hey! I'm not going to do anything, besides if she's as you say, you are most likely her type." He said and Ja'far was shocked at those words. He... hadn't thought about that... perhaps what Sinbad was saying had some sort of base.

"Wait a minute! I'm not in love with her, I just like her personality!" He said, snapping from whatever daze he was in. Sinbad chuckled, it was plain as day that his friend was having a bit of a crush on this mysterious young woman. So, the least he could do was help him get her, right?