Chapter 8- Four Is A Crowd

Somehow, she was glad that Itachi knew the direction of her favorite café. She rarely visit the place nowadays, whenever she have upcoming exams or she just want to take a break from brush and canvass.

The thing she love about this café is the strong smell of baked goodies, which never fail to go down her memory lane. Those weekends when she was still a kid, running down to the kitchen as she woke up to baked pastry with her mother.

"Thanks!" Sakura said smiling as Itachi stood up from fixing her shoelace. She nearly felt embarrass as Itachi knelt with her-probably got tired of watching her failed attempt to tie her shoes tightly and he volunteered.

"I don't know if your father already told you about this, but I would like to formally invite you to the Uchiha Congress." He said as the café's door was opened for them by one of the nicest staff.

"Uchiha Congress? Mmm" Sakura thought that the event seems familiar to her.

"I don't think I need to further explain that."

"I think my father told me about that, but I didn't pay attention."

Speaking of attention, on the far side of the café near the window, there was a familiar face frantically waving his hands at their direction.

"That is interesting." She heard Itachi mumble as he guided her to the man's direction.

As they get near to them, she realized it was other the Uchiha with another familiar face- Sasuke Uchiha her mind whispered.

"It's great to see you again, Sakura-chan!" It was Shisui Uchiha that seems to be enthusiastic all the time.

"I hope you still remember him," Itachi started "My cousin, Shisui."

"Ah yes! I remember him." She acknowledge radiantly that made Shishui's eyes twinkle in happiness.

"This is my brother," he then motioned to the other person occupying the table- Sakura' favorite table.

"Sasuke Uchiha"

"Sakura Haruno"

They both said at the same time, followed by a dead air among them. Sakura thinking if she need to explain why she actually knew him.

"So, you two met already eh?" It was Shisui who spoke first with a jubilant voice echoing and fighting all the awkwardness that just transpired. He didn't get any response though. It was rather Itachi who cleared his throat that made the two back in motion.

"You two can share the table with us." The chirpy Uchiha offered.

"That will be nice." Sakura said.

"Will that be fine with you Sasuke?"

"It's fine, besides, I should get going. I need to be somewhere else." It was Sasuke.

"Why don't you stay for a little while, brother? Perhaps, get to know Miss Haruno here?" Itachi said it as he help her with the seat, while the green-eyed lady he was referring to is watching his said brother's movement.

Would he stay?

Will he talk to me?

This will be awkward-wait! His brother?

That is when the thought just sink in, she realized that the younger Uchiha was vaguely familiar the night she met him.

Sakura was fully aware that the three of them was waiting for an answer.

"Four is a crowd." He then stood and make his way out of the café, did not even spare a glance at her.

That time Sakura was not sure why she felt a little upset about his decision. Perhaps, he doesn't want her around. Maybe he was just being a little too nice to her that night.