CH41 - The Flame within ourselves - Part 1

[30 minutes before the final showdown.]

The office was mostly. Not even a single fly dares to take off flying. The only thing that even made a noise was the sound of a stamp landing on top of a paper after paper. However, after leaving the fifth stamp mark on another document's surface the young ruler had enough.

"I can't take this anymore!" Koenma exclaimed as he childishly threw away the papers from his paper. "It's been like almost a day and I didn't get any update from those two! What are they playing at!"

"But Koenma sir!" Jorge the ogre spoke up as he began to pick up the papers. "You know pretty well that we can't really keep track of them in any way, even if we want to."

"I KNOW IDIOT!" Koenma shouted at the poor ogre. "BUT AT LEAST THAT FOOLISH GIRL COULD HAVE SENT ME A MESSAGE THROUGH HER NEW COMMUNICATOR, DAMN IT!"

"B-but sir, that's not really possible either, and it's all because of Akio's seal." The blue ogre explained it again.

"SAY WHAT?!?!" The toddler screamed in frustration. "AND HOW COME I WAS NOT INFORMED ABOUT THIS?!?" At that, Jorge scratched the back of his neck while he let out a nervous chuckle.

"Uh, it must have slipped my mind-." The ogre said, right before his boss flew over and hit him on the head. The young price is letting his anger and frustration out on his poor assistant while blaming him for many things that are either connected to the toddler's issue or doesn't make sense at all-.

"KOENMA SIR!" Another ogre just burst through his boss's office door, to Koenma's annoyance.

"CAN'T YOU SEE I AM BUSY RIGHT NOW?!?!?" The little toddler snapped at him.

"But sir! It's about the Spirit Beast!" The ogre with red skin and brunette locks insisted.

"What Spirit Beast?" Koenma asked now a little interested, and calm. "You mean Yusuke's?"

"No sir!" The ogre shook his head frantically. "It's the Phoenix one."

"WHAT?!" Koenma gasped as he landed on his feet and rushed over to the red ogre. "Lead the way immediately!" The young prince demanded. Without any other word, all three went to the door that is holding the Spirit Beast Egg behind.

"Is something wrong with it?" Koenma asked as the red ogre pushed the code onto the keypad.

"Nothing specific sir." The ogre said. "But it's acting up for the first time in decades." Just then, the door slid open, revealing the golden egg that had white flames decorations on each side.

"Do you have any idea what could this means sir?" Jorge asked out of pure curiosity from his boss who had been staring at the small egg intensely.