CH41 - The Flame within ourselves - Part 2

Another powerful blast was shot at me, but I managed to dodge it in time before it could even touch me. However, still not getting used to this new form, I tripped and rolled on the floor, grunting all the way down. I was on my knees with my hands on the cracked floor. My right eye was shut because I got a cut there.

This was so awful in many other ways. My whole body was shaking and then the pain began to strike me in the chest and well. . . . Literally in every inch of my body. . . Like this power that I try to use, it's also ripping me apart from the inside out!

When I felt it again, I let out a good fit of harsh coughs. . . My mouth covered by my hand that had been burned from the fingertip to the middle of the forearm. . . But even still, it was able to feel the thick liquid coming out of my mouth, and with that iron taste, it was, no doubt, my own blood.

'Damn it. If I don't get rid of this asshole soon, my Phoenix flame will end me before him.' I thought to myself as I looked at my bloody hand palm.

'Now if you unleash it before you are ready, it will cause serious damage to your body. If you are not careful enough it can burn you.' Akio's warning rang in my mind once again. I knew this will probably cost a limb, but now it looks like it will cost my whole soul. . . Crap. . . there must be something that could help me-.

"NOW I HAVE YOU LITTLE CUR!" I hear the magician exclaim right before he shot a powerful purple flame-orb at me. With quick thinking, I jumped upwards high with the help of the white flame that was shot out of my feet like the bottom of a rocket, leaving a long and tall fire tornado. 

Once I landed back on my feet, I used some 'firepower' to speed off

I prepare my now flaming left fist for the big shot and once I got right in front of Zankoku's face I punched him, then sent him a big kick in the chest

I prepare my now flaming left fist for the big shot and once I got right in front of Zankoku's face I punched him, then sent him a big kick in the chest. From then on I give a good amount of blows from almost everywhere on the sorcerer's body.

The man managed to block a few, but now with the power of the Flames of Light, my speed is like I was pure lightning. Just as the man was about to fall flat on the stone floor I punched him in the chin, hard and high up to the skies. It was so strong that it even made him fly for a good thirty feet away. Unfortunately, my lashes were probably weak, considering that Zankoku still managed to land on one knee. He was just as beaten up as I was but by the looks of it, he still had some strength. . .