Chapter 23: Rigor in the capital

Sirius sat on the bed and flopped down on the mattress, staring at the ceiling. We were in the room they had given me, where we would stay for a while.

"Easy, your dad will be fine," I assured him.

He barely smiled. I sat down next to him.

"Do you think the time will come when I have to kill him?" he asked, looking thoughtfully at the ceiling. He was referring to Orion.

I lay down next to him, and he turned his face to see me.

"We will find a solution if that is what concerns you. You don't need to meet him again."

"Not that I worry. I could if the time comes." He looked at the ceiling again. "I would do it in self-defense. I wouldn't kill for no reason. It is not logical. I've always wanted to go against the traditions of my nation, it seems." He gave a fleeting smile. "But I am not comfortable with my father trying to fix the problems I have caused. I can't believe what Orion did. Where is the honor that he told me so much about? He should use the brain more than brute force."

"Hey, you haven't caused the problems. He created the problems for himself, believe me." If what I assumed about his mother and Orion was true, that resentment and desire to hurt Sirius could come from long before. It was not his fault. "Many humans are as wild as evolved people; I suppose both species have pros and cons. You have a wild side that many cannot master. And, for their part, many humans also have the same problem." I smiled. "Brute force is extra of you guys."

He smiled, too; I could finally see a genuine smile on his face after so many hours. He rolled over onto his side and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me against him. I buried my nose in his neck and stayed like that for a couple of minutes. 

My stomach reminded me that I was hungry with a rather embarrassing growl, and I burst out laughing.

"Sorry," I said between laughs.

"Why do you apologize? I think it is normal..."

"Uh... I don't know." I shrugged.

He kissed my forehead and stared at me, catching me with those beautiful eyes worthy of a fantasy book.

"You know... I think you are beautiful."

I blushed and couldn't help but smile like a fool.

"Stop it," I chuckled.

He still had those beautiful eyes on me.

"Yes, you are. You are very beautiful," he whispered without withdrawing his deep gaze from me. "I love you," he added in that voice that made me shudder.

I blushed more; it was the first time he had said it to me. My heart raced. He reached out and kissed me, this time stealing my breath with intensity, letting me enjoy his lips once more.

Each kiss I gave him was a new experience. I loved it. It caused new sensations. One of his fangs touched my upper lip without hurting me. I bit his lower lip a little hard, pulling him by the shirt collar and turning, so he was on top of me. The weight of his body made me breathe out in an intense sigh. He partially separated and put his arm under my waist, lifting me easily and sliding onto the mattress, getting completely into the bed.

I kissed him wildly. This was all new to me. His fang sank against my lip again, but that no longer stopped me. I tilted my face, kissed his cheek, gave him a gentle bite, and then kissed his chin in passion. I repeated to myself that I could stop whenever I wanted. I just wanted to continue a little more. 'Just a little bit more,' I recited mentally nonstop.

I returned to his lips while my hands had managed to undo the first button of his shirt. He kissed my cheek and went down. I felt his upper and lower fangs on my chin and then his soft, luscious lips on my neck, shooting electricity throughout my body.