One of My Best Friends

We walk out and start getting closer to the High Line.

"I think we have gone through all the safe questions..." I muse.

"Safe? Ooooo so now we will do unsafe? What does that even entail?" He quips fake scared.

"Haha you know...personal ones. Like dating and love. Unless you want to talk about money and what you think about death?"

"I loathe both," he laughs.

"Ok let's see...how old when you had your first kiss?"

"Uuuuuuu saucyyyyy," he laughs. "11 I think?"

"Damn, look at you Casanova."

"Well I was an up and coming actor," he grins. "You may have heard of me? No, but honestly I don't remember much about it except for me bragging that I had my first kiss. You?"

"14, middle-school crush. Didn't end up dating him but he was a nice guy so I was happy."

He looks at me seriously and stops, "This might be weird, but do you have a boyfriend?"

"Weird? Why?"

"Uhm...no reason, I just realized I didn't ask. Doesn't mean anything if you do or don't. I mean you probably do, of course, you do, why wouldn't you-"

"Tom?"

"Mhm?"

"Rambling again. I don't have a boyfriend. Do you have someone?"

Before I finish my question from the corner of my eye I see a group of 4 girls pointing at us and walking with intent towards us. I look panicked and Tom follows my eye line.

Suddenly something, someone, his hand? Takes my hand and pulls me inside the lobby of the building we are in front of. Around the revolving doors, there is a corner that is hidden from the outside glass, he pulls me in and squeezes us both against the wall. I take off my mask since my glasses are getting extra foggy and look up at his blue eyes and stop breathing. We are so close and I can feel his eyes running across my entire face. They finally stop on my lips and-

"Uhm hi, welcome to the Selina Hotel, can I...help you?" A voice from behind the front desk says.

We both start to laugh awkwardly.

"Oh we're so sorry, I think we are in the wrong building?" I manage.

The receptionist looks at us:

"Oh no worries, oh my God...are you Tom Felton? I am a huge fan!"

He smiles, "I am," and starts walking towards her.

"Can I have a picture?" she gushes and I don't blame her. "I follow you on TikTok, I love all of your videos. Oh my God people are going to love my picture."

"Let's do a video then, so all of TikTok can see," he suggests.

She takes out her phone and gives it to him:

"Hello hello, TikTok, Tom here! I am in NYC with the wonderful..." takes a look at her name tag, "Christina and we wanted to say we hope you have a wonderful Monday!"

He looks at her and this girl is stunned that this is all happening. She looks at the camera and all she has to say is a loud scream: "AAAAAAA!" While pointing at Tom. Which honestly...is a perfect summary of this entire situation.

They turn off the video and Tom continues chatting with her:

"How long have you been working here? Do you love it? What house are you in, don't be a Gryffindork!" She giggles and answers his questions: