Peaches

"Ok now let's talk about lighter stuff," he offers. "Favorite joke?"

"Oh God, so hard. I like physical humor. Like if someone falls, unless it's serious, I will laugh before I can ask if I can help. Terrible, I know. But I can't help it. As for jokes....hmm...ok here is one: Two silkworms were in a race. They ended up in a tie." I say with a straight face and then proceed to laugh like I just said the funniest thing ever.

"Out of all the jokes in the world, you went with animal cruelty?" he asks while fake offended.

"Not animal. Insect. There is a difference."

"Ah yes, of course, how could I be so foolish?"

"Insects are gross. Animals are great. That is most likely an inaccurate scientific opinion but I stand by it." I give him a 'proud-of myself' look.

"For example, a spider is terrifying but that puppy is cute!' I point in the direction of a small, copper, toy poodle. I start running towards the puppy excited that his owner is nowhere near and I can pet and hug this puppy before his owner thinks it's weird.

I kneel down and the puppy is so excited to see me. His little tail is out of control and as soon as I am at his level he jumps me and starts licking my face.

"Yes, I love you too, yes I do." I immediately become immersed in this puppy universe and lift him up in my arms. "Oh my goodness, you are so full of love. Yes, you are," I say in a voice dedicated only to the best pups in the world.

I finally realize that I am in public so I look up to see Tom smiling at me and waiting patiently for me to return to reality.

"Oh sorry," I laugh, "but look at this face. I couldn't resist."

"I understand," he comes closer to me and the puppy jumps from my arms to his.

"This puppy has excellent taste," I note with double meaning.

"Yes, he does," Tom says looking at me.

I blush and try to push down my fangirling. 

"Let's see what his name is," I try to find the tag on the puppy's collar.

"Peaches. Awesome name!"

"Is it?" Tom gives me a look and then looks seriously at Peaches.

"So, Peaches? Where is your owner?" he looks around but there is nobody anywhere near us.

"Peaches? Did you make a run for it?"

Peaches continues licking Tom's face in peace, not at all bothered by the situation. But then again who would be when Tom Felton is holding you?

"Let's keep walking up and I am sure we will run into someone who is desperately looking for Peaches," I suggest.

As we walk up the High Line, we see nobody.

"Peaches? Do you recognize anything? Is this home?" I ask but Peaches is content in Tom's arms.

I finally see someone heading our way on a bicycle. 

"That must be the owner? It's the only person we have seen for a while."

I take Peaches from Tom's arms and flag down the man on the bike. A white guy in his late 30s wearing all black and looking semi-suspicious. He stops and I have a weird feeling. He doesn't look very friendly. I figure I can at least ask him if he's heard anything.

"Excuse me, have you seen anyone looking for a dog on your way down here? We just found this little guy and wanted to reunite him -"

The man gets closer to me and pulls at my crossbody bag, enough that the handle breaks. In the commotion, I drop Peaches and the man catches him along with my bag.