Cut Your Peaches

Around 9:30 pm we finally leave the boat and my heart is full to the brim with happy feelings. Never thought that feeling so happy was something I was capable of.

Holding hands and stealing quick kisses as we aimlessly walk around the city is my version of paradise. At one corner street, as we are waiting to cross, reality slowly starts creeping in.

"So..." I start. "Before I forget, here is your card back. Thank you again for this wonderful dinner. I felt like Cinderella," I beam.

"You are so much more beautiful than Cinderella," he answers and leans in to kiss me.

"Also...,"

"Mhm?" Tom answers. 

I steal a quick glance at him. He seems like he's radiating this bright glow of happiness and part of me feels bad about the words that are about to leave my mouth.

"I think we need to figure out what we do with Peaches before we end our day..."

I can see him slowly processing the implications of what I just said.

"Right. Of course. I'll post on all of my social media that I found him and see if we get any credible answers," he half-laughs.

"Ok, well given the hundreds of thousands of people who will see and answer your posts, we should do it now," I say and stop on the sidewalk to see if I can stop a cab. "We should also probably go back to the High Line. Chances are the owner lives close by."

I hug Peaches tight and feel a little bit selfish about keeping him and his owner separated today. I hope that he enjoyed himself as much as I did.

We get in a cab and Tom pulls out his phone:

"Hand me Peaches," he says as he goes live on Instagram.

"New York City!! Hello hello, Tom Felton here," he waves at the camera. I realize half of my arm and a little of my hair are visible in the video so I move away. The last thing I need is all of Tom's fans asking who I am.

"Today, I found this guy," he points the camera to Peaches. "I think he is lost and I want to return him to his owner. Does anybody know who this little guy is? If you recognize him, DM me his name and where you last saw him and I will contact you to hand him over. Please spread this video. I am leaving the city tomorrow morning and while Willow would love a new friend I think this guy is missing his home." He sends kisses to his fans and stops the live.

There it is -- "I am leaving the city tomorrow morning." I sigh, of course, he is, I knew this but still, it hurts a little to know that I am literally Cinderella today. Just without the shoe.

He posts a similar video on TikTok and links to it on his Twitter.

Within a millisecond his notifications blow up. My phone lights up to tell me that "Tom Felton just made a post" because of course, I had notifications on. I smile and Tom sees my screen and looks at me.

"Look at you being more than just a fan," he smirks and teases me as his face comes closer to mine.

"I have no idea what you are talking about, Mr. Felton." I joke back as we fall into a kiss. A soft one this time. Slow, like we are trying to make sure we remember every moment of it.

Before we know it we are back in front of the stairs at the High Line.

"Should we check your messages?" I ask.

He pulls out his phone and starts scanning through his DMs, as I look at the comments on his posts:

"@dracosloversxyx: Oh to be that dog. *heart eyes emoji*"