SYNOPSIS

Eddie never fitted in, from the moment she was born till the moment she died - however many times that was. She played her cards, and she did it well. Calm and collected in the face of danger and violence, Eddie never got into fights unless necessary. She knew how to pick them and always let them engage first - anything that happened after would be self-defence.

And if she got carried away? Let's say she'd dabbled in the art of hiding bodies. Everyone knew the boundaries when in the presence of Eddie. Never, under any circumstance, would a finger be lain on her; a reckoning force with a cold exterior because anything close to the truth would hurt her family too much.

But then again, she was good at everything apart from sticking to rules - especially those of her own.

Everyone kidded themselves into thinking they knew the last number of the Umbrella Academy.

No one truly knew her.

Not even herself.

Disclaimer:
This book contains strong language; descriptions of torture, graphic violence and gore; mentions of panic attacks, sensory overloads; and details of cancer, tumours and chemotherapy.

This is not a character-specific fanfiction and is strictly platonic. Eddie will not engage romantically with any of the characters currently involved within the Umbrella Academy franchise.

I'm currently in the process of uploading this work to AO3 and doing a little bit of editing to it as I go. The link to my AO3 (and tumblr) account is in my bio :)

I also am obliged to say that I do not own the Umbrella Academy or any of the characters. This, I assume you already gathered as if I did, this would not be fanfiction but, in fact, actually real. I do, however, take claim to Eddie, Hermes and any other characters that do not feature in the series. I also do not own the music featured or the songs/quotes used. The songs are credited at the end of each chapter with a link to the YouTube audio.

SCOOTERING DINOSAUR